Boats.

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by jonbiz, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
  2. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    I also had 15 foot Hobie skiff. Made the mistake of buying one that was a Jet boat. It was fast and fun.
    The big problem is it’ also a big vacuum cleaner. At low speed I would often suck up a plastic bag over the screen guard, blocking the intake. If you don’t think there is a lot of plastic trash in the water get a jet boat. Other then that I was a fine boat agile smooth riding for a 15’ Boat very well designed.

3. FalseDawn

FalseDawn Active Member

Good eye. It's a debadged 24' Sea Hunt Gamefish. One of huill designers has history at Grady. Love the boat! Have had it 7 seaons.Great combo of deadrise in the hull to allow stability at drift while fishing with nice steep entry for lowerng the bow to cut through seas on snotty runs to Block and beyond. Replaced the Grady below for the SH. I put that poor hull through a ton. Loved that boat.
    IMG00056-20100514-1431.jpg

4. Griffy

Griffy Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Massachusetts
    One of my former work boats. (I'm now retired) MS 3101 EP 019.JPG

jonbiz, Artz and shadydave like this.
  5. Griffy

Griffy Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Massachusetts
    …. and my old play boat to find tuna and get to surf spots F26.JPG

jonbiz, Artz and shadydave like this.
  6. Bighouse

Bighouse Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    Fortier?

7. Griffy

Griffy Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Massachusetts
    Yes sir, owned her for 23 years, let her go to a charter capt. on Nantucket :(

8. Bighouse

Bighouse Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    My father wants to upgrade to that boat using his multiplying grandkids as an excuse. Only mod would be a bow thruster. There is one across the dock from us which he’s been trying to buy all summer. Beautiful & safe boat.

9. Griffy

Griffy Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Massachusetts
    Your father sounds like a wise man. You can't find a more stable (10' beam) or safe fishing boat in it's class. There are probably less than 400 of them
    that have been made and are hard to get. The only drawback is they are not "fur boats" with all the carpeting and other amenities that most women
    seem to like.... They are serious fishing machines

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  10. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    A lot of SAFEs are being retired by agencies and put out for auction, but they are still big $$.