Board swap in RI / New England?

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
If there is interest for a New England swap I would entertain having it at my location as I am centrally located (01432). If nothing else it could be a low key social event of sorts. Just a thought.
I would come up for that

Griffy

Apr 22, 2018
Massachusetts
I suggest renting the " pavillion" at Salisbury State Park in Salisbury Ma. for a day. Last I knew rental was very reasonable. It's centally located on the coast, close to Rt. 95. They have barbeque grills, a playground for children, horseshoe pits, restrooms, plenty of parking, it's within walking distance to the beach and there is a campground. (probably too late to reserve for this season) The only drawback is no alcohol in the park (without a permit) and there is a parking fee. It's just a thought

Last edited:

estcstsurfer

Aug 25, 2009
The one down in Wakefield was a good time. Nice setting at a brewery. Only issue was it was in a tight area of the brewery so it’s hard to move around.

Somewhere centrally located where we could do it outside. Would be cool go to Shady Dave’s

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
The one down in Wakefield was a good time. Nice setting at a brewery. Only issue was it was in a tight area of the brewery so it’s hard to move around.

Somewhere centrally located where we could do it outside. Would be cool go to Shady Dave’s
Hey @estcstsurfer how did you find out/know about the Wakefield one?

FalseDawn

Dec 21, 2015
Aquidneck Island Rhode Island

Went to two at Son's of Liberty brewing, and last one at Whalers.
SOL was a much better venue for it IMO. Much more room to display boards and gear and for people to interact. Good vibe but was in and out of Whalers pretty quick unfortunately, but got to chat with Bohdi which is always a pleasure.
I would be into going to more for sure.

Tenfooter

Nov 12, 2014
USA Rhode Island
went to the one in Wakefield .....7 boards later I returned with a smile.

all short board shits. Fixer upper for my kids.

only nice board available was a Tudor10' , bust lasted as long as a fart in a basket

I am up to meet at Daves place, or if you can wait till late may/early June we can meet at the shack in Narraganset,( it is still rented)
BBQ, hamburgers, and unlimited alcohol . I can offer that
But the idea of gathering soon is amazing.
I have so many kids wetsuits !!

JVRI

Nov 15, 2021
Rhode Island
Stoked with all the engagement around this!

Fair point @Tenfooter, can we get something together before May? I’d be down but it’s going to be very weather dependent.

I’m a fan of a meet up more central for all of NE, I’d say the more the merrier.