Board rentals at shops that open early

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Jmazz, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Jmazz

Jmazz Active Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ny
    Anybody know of any board rentals at shops that open early. Currently I'm in Encinitas, driving up to LA area today for the next few days.

2. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    Huntington Surf and Sport in Huntington Beach across from the pier opens at 6:00 am, and offers Channel Islands, Lost and Firewire boards if you choose to stop there on your way up the coast.

3. Jmazz

Jmazz Active Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ny
    Excellent , thanks.

4. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Might be too late if you are heading north, but I picked up a vintage hansen from Pacis that she is holding for me until I can get out there. You can borrow it for you trip if you can pickup/drop off with her and figure out the timing. I think it is watertight and ready to go. Fine with me if it would work with her.

5. Jmazz

Jmazz Active Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Ny
    Yea, it's late. I'm gonna have the van packed up as the hotel won't let us keep the stuff here another few Hours
    Thanks again

6. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    Weather turning sour anyway.

7. Bravoaloha

Bravoaloha Member

Nov 9, 2019
    Jersey
    This is way late but I just stumbled on this thread and I thought I'd contribute- Daydream Surf Shop in Newport Beach has a really nice selection of boards available through their "research center" program (handshaped logs, alternative craft- lots of cool, interesting stuff, not the pop outs and soft tops caked with sandy wax typically available for rent).

I was in LA and looking for exactly what they had to offer. Stopped in, grabbed a 9' 6" Kris Hall Jazz Pin and headed down to San O.. The guy that helped me out was really cool and I remember he gave me some sort of deal. Chech 'em out!

https://daydreamsurfshop.com/pages/surf-club

8. pintail

pintail Active Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    I don't think any shops in LA county are open. Not considered essential businesses, although we might disagree with that.