Board Rental and recs on Oahu?

Skusty

Dec 14, 2020
Encinitas
Good board rental suggestions. Along the similar lines, thinking about a trip to Waikiki (never stayed there in multiple trips to the islands, wife and I hanging out) and wondered if you all have a suggestions for a place to stay very near the beach, preferrably close to Queens so I can also do some mat surfing there while wife hangs on the beach. We don't plan to rent a car for the week, but if you have suggestions for a place to rent for a day or two would also appreciate that. Thought I should surf there at least once in my life, along with hundreds of my new best friends. Thanks.

I’ve got my mat and fins with me! Stoked that they pack so (relatively) small and stoked to slide out there. Haven’t been before but will be sure to report back

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
I’ve got my mat and fins with me! Stoked that they pack so (relatively) small and stoked to slide out there. Haven’t been before but will be sure to report back
It's my understanding that The Wall is body surf and body boarding only, surfing is not allowed. Anybody confirm this?

leftsonly

Feb 12, 2022
Honolulu, hi
Good board rental suggestions. Along the similar lines, thinking about a trip to Waikiki (never stayed there in multiple trips to the islands, wife and I hanging out) and wondered if you all have a suggestions for a place to stay very near the beach, preferrably close to Queens so I can also do some mat surfing there while wife hangs on the beach. We don't plan to rent a car for the week, but if you have suggestions for a place to rent for a day or two would also appreciate that. Thought I should surf there at least once in my life, along with hundreds of my new best friends. Thanks.
Hyatt Regency directly across from queens / Duke statue and they have free Board storage. Moku board rental is also right behind Hyatt so you can just rent and walk. Hope that helps.

eggrider

Feb 25, 2020
Bay Area
Last year rented from Quality a great condition Fowler V8. It slayed the Ala Mo side.

From Kaion's IG they have amazing boards for sale; for our next trip would be great to rent from them.

kyle

Jun 2, 2010
Quality was where I rented so +1
Didn‘t know SUrf Garage rented. > into my memory bank for the future
Am I correct in reading that Kaion rents? Or that their used board rack is good. The latter I can attest. They have dope boards (and are a really, really small shop)

I loved that trip with my family. Had the two older ones out in the water until 10pm one night, the lights from the hotels and some random fireworks display gave us light deep into the night.

And my wife, who doesn’t surf, loved it.

Really good memories.

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
You know, I never rented from either Surf Garage or Kaion, just knew that they had interesting used boards on their racks that I thought were for rent. I've only rented from Clips, as every other recent visit involved me bringing boards, or intending to come home with some. They got more details here though:

The boys at Quality Surf are great too. I almost bought a Daniel Jones RCP from them this summer, but there was a cheaper one at Waialua :x

Last edited:

dingdong

Jan 14, 2013
USA California
I've got kids so I'm a fan of the Sheraton. Royal hawaiin is okay too. Almost any of the hotel/resorts on the waikiki beach are good. If you're asking about car rentals..I used turo the last two trips. Very convenient since they'll drop off and pick up right at where ever you're staying.

JaM

Jan 29, 2018
GC
Koa surf shop worked well for me, super cool guys and I could change the board depending on the waves