Board Rental and recs on Oahu?

Skusty

Dec 14, 2020
Encinitas
Heyo! super stoked to be heading to oahu next month, i'll have 2 nights around diamond head and then head to the north shore for a week - hoping for swell but nothing crazy. does anyone here have experience renting boards on the island or have any recommendations? i'm imagining some kind of performance-y fish that feels somewhat familiar while being still performance-y enough to hold in some power, but as the trip approaches i should have a better idea of what the swell will be like

its the second leg of a trip to go see family in korea (south) so i wont be bringing a familiar board with me unfortunately

super stoked, and any recommendations are certainly welcome as this is my first time to oahu

cheers
sam

Gretsch

Aug 31, 2008
USA
I rented from Quality Surfboard Rental on Ala Moana Blvd. They hooked me up with a beautiful, heavily glassed single fin for cheap. They also allow trade-ins so if the swell changes or when you drive up to the North Shore you can switch out boards. Nice folks too.

Gretsch

Aug 31, 2008
USA
542CB6A1-AF95-4BD5-A6DD-2A7C2E6232F2.jpeg

Curlz

Jun 26, 2020
VA, USA
Quality surfboards! That was it. Sorry man… I got a bag from performance but quality is the shop I was thinking of for renting.

nedsurf

Jan 22, 2005
Good board rental suggestions. Along the similar lines, thinking about a trip to Waikiki (never stayed there in multiple trips to the islands, wife and I hanging out) and wondered if you all have a suggestions for a place to stay very near the beach, preferrably close to Queens so I can also do some mat surfing there while wife hangs on the beach. We don't plan to rent a car for the week, but if you have suggestions for a place to rent for a day or two would also appreciate that. Thought I should surf there at least once in my life, along with hundreds of my new best friends. Thanks.

nitsuj

Oct 3, 2005
An island somewhere
It's all the same shit unless you go really high end and want to spend more time in your room than outside of it, in which case I have no idea. Pull up some hotels on your travel site of choice, map 'em out, choose the one where the proximity x price intersection meets your favor.