Board for sale ad- How should I respond to this Jackass?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Daddykook, Aug 4, 2020.

1. nitsuj

nitsuj Active Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Agree to his 350, give him the wrong address, block his number.

2. nitsuj

nitsuj Active Member

Oct 3, 2005
    My favorite is the door-to-door fuckers. Had one yesterday knock, then move to a COVID appropriate distance. I opened the door, saw it was a sales guy and before he could get in a word I said "dictionaries!". He looked at me and said "dictionaries??" with a confused look on his face. I pointed to the large NO SOLICITING sticker that is right on the door eye level that he would have seen and said "Look this word up" and closed the door.

walkingtheplank and kpd73 like this.
  3. Spritzer

Spritzer Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Virginia Beach
    Yyaaaaassssss

4. Krug

Krug New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    As someone else mentioned, I’d ignore him and not respond. It’ll likely drive him crazy wondering if you’ve even read his text and he’ll feel pathetic and angry that he wasn’t able to get a rise out of you.
    Hopefully that’ll ruin a couple days for him if not the weekend. He’s probably one of these morons that likes to argue when he doesn’t get his way. Pretty typical in this day and age we live in. Not enough Thunder Dome justice to rid the world of turds like this.

walkingtheplank likes this.
  5. Zzz

Zzz Active Member

Aug 15, 2017
    CA
    Ignore it. But I’m always tempted to say, “ok, I’ll sell at that price. But after you pay me I get to take one swing with a hammer/axe/mallet at the board before you leave. Deal?”.

Krug likes this.
  6. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    San Clemente, CA
    I wouldn’t respond and when he sees that it sold, he’ll be pissed he didn’t pay the little extra if he really wanted it. So, hopefully it will sell quick

Krug and DanSan like this.
  7. walkingtheplank

walkingtheplank Active Member

Aug 2, 2004
    wherever i am
    my reflex reaction would be telling him to go fuck himself, but that's exactly what the little twat wants...in this case, let sleeping dogs lie

Krug likes this.
  8. Nubancho

Nubancho Active Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Orange County
    Yep! This ^
    Recently sold a car and I priced it fairly and got left and right lowball offers of half off and I'd just reply, "Thank you for your offer but no thank you." I didn't even ask them to submit another offer. Just kept it short and direct. The same 2-3 people kept sending me these ridiculous offers, and I just kept replying with, "Thank you for your offer but no thank you."
    I knew my rock bottom price and I was willing to wait it out and lo and behold, within about 2 weeks, someone bought my car for the price I had in my head. When I went online to remove the ad, I knew that those 2-3 lowballers would see that I sold the car but not to them. That was justice enough for me.
    So if you're not in a rush to sell, the right buyer will come along. In the meantime, it pays not to spend so much of your time and energy on those lowballers.

surfermac and DanSan like this.
  9. WesCantDress

WesCantDress Active Member

Mar 5, 2020
    Long Beach, CA
    Goose. Chase. He’s in need of a little adventure. In the grand scheme of things, you’re probably doing him a favor. Or doing us all a favor. Yea actually you’d be doing us all a favor.

PeakMaster likes this.
  10. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    I'm so petty I'd drop the advertised price to $375 just to really mess with his head.

Croweater and deemce like this.