Bing Pig Pin

NCJohn

Oct 27, 2015
Wilmington, NC
Has anyone surfed the Bing Pig Pin? I'm thinking of picking one up for knee to chest high, mid to high tide cruising and would be interested in any feedback.

soul_glide

Jan 1, 2005
USA New Jersey
Added an 8'6 Pig Pin about 10 months ago, and it has a firm place in my current rotation. I grab it for anything from knee/thigh to head high. Really likes when it's juicy and gets in early on steep wedges. I'm natural foot and it rides great both front and backside. Moderately pinched rails engage the wave and hold the highline with speed. Cruisy on softer waves. The Pig plan shape is subtle...can't really tell it's wide point back. Looks more symmetrical to me. I have it finned with an 8" TA Skip. Bottom is concave in front of the logo transitioning to vee out the back. I ride mostly NJ beach breaks, and I've also rode it on RI points. Very happy ride!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-27 8'6'' Bing Pig Performer - USED.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-27 8'6'' Bing Pig Performer - USED.png
    703 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_2021-02-27 8'6'' Bing Pig Performer - USED(1).png
    Screenshot_2021-02-27 8'6'' Bing Pig Performer - USED(1).png
    681.3 KB · Views: 86

Proper_Mode

Jan 8, 2016
USA California
Added an 8'6 Pig Pin about 10 months ago, and it has a firm place in my current rotation. I grab it for anything from knee/thigh to head high. Really likes when it's juicy and gets in early on steep wedges. I'm natural foot and it rides great both front and backside. Moderately pinched rails engage the wave and hold the highline with speed. Cruisy on softer waves. The Pig plan shape is subtle...can't really tell it's wide point back. Looks more symmetrical to me. I have it finned with an 8" TA Skip. Bottom is concave in front of the logo transitioning to vee out the back. I ride mostly NJ beach breaks, and I've also rode it on RI points. Very happy ride!

How is the acceleration on takeoff? Does it need to get in early and gain momentum or is it an instant acceleration in those juicier waves?

soul_glide

Jan 1, 2005
USA New Jersey
How is the acceleration on takeoff? Does it need to get in early and gain momentum or is it an instant acceleration in those juicier waves?
More like fade paddle in...trim...accelerate. Once you get moving it keeps pace with the wave and makes sections. I've done those jet takeoffs on turn and go and angle takeoffs in the same direction of the wave.

Reactions: DJR

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
This board looks familiar. Hope your well

Members online