Bing Alpha Pin / Omega reviews??

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by bfat, Sep 16, 2019.

1. bfat

bfat Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
    Anyone have a report on these midlengths? Particularly interested in how they might go in winter time east coast conditions, you know, nor'easters, sandbars, whole lot of rubber.

2. Gallery

Gallery Member

Jul 3, 2018
    New Jersey
    No experience with a Campbell Bros Alpha Omega, but if you know anything about Oxnard and the stretch of beach break that Malcolm and Duncan grew up surfing, you know how similar it is to NY/NJ beach breaks. I've found that anything they design (I have owned 4 different CB Bonzers) works well in our waves. I love a good MR style twin in our surf. One of my favorite boards is a twin + trailer that sits between a MR style and CI MTF. Can't speak to how it would work up in Maine, but if they designed it to surf Silver Strand at OH it should serve you well in NY during the winter.

bfat likes this.
  3. bfat

bfat Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
  4. JBorbone

JBorbone Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    From what i'm gathering via the Bing website and Calvani's video about the Alpha Pin, it's virtually identical to a board I've been shaping/surfing for a couple years, and assuming they ride similar i'm sure you'll love it. Deep V in the tail makes it feel loose when on rail, but trims very quick from the mid section if you're standing over that concave pocket. I'm sure Beach House could hook you up with one!

bfat likes this.
  5. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    bfat likes this.
  6. Bighouse

Bighouse Active Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    I’ve been trying to avoid that Brewer , thanks for Bringing it up.

The board looks a little stiff for Heavy Beach breaks. Check the review and video. It’s a super wide & thick board.

How about this guy, I’m sure Maine Surf Union has a few.

https://trimcraftsurfboards.com/models/burner/

7. Gallery

Gallery Member

Jul 3, 2018
    New Jersey
    bfat likes this.
  8. bfat

bfat Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Brooklyn/Maine
    No worries, Gallery. Thanks everyone. That "menu" over at Enlighten is insane. The CB E-Wing Egg seems topical...

Doing some do diligence on a potential board for thick rubber, lazy shoulders, and decent waves. Looked at the trimcraft burnders, but they seem to skew smaller and may have some overlap with an old 6'8 Faktion I've got. Still on the the list.

Jborbone, what are some stock dims on the shape?

Thanks again. Good stuff to chew on.

9. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    At the risk of stepping on DanSan's toes, maybe check with Bruce Fowler. Or maybe a Serena pocket rocket?

bfat and DanSan like this.
  10. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    USA California
    Too funny..yeah my size 13..do get in the way..
    Yeah does look like a serena..or a mctavish board..
    Even reminds me of mcquads 88 model..but
    I am actuallly stumped...and was going to suggest a call
    From the bruce..aka deadshaper..aka..resident from planet v..ha
    Im sure he has alot of insights..

bfat and sightpoint like this.