Best Shaper/Craftsman???

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by krug1, Sep 6, 2005.

1. turmaline1

turmaline1 New Member

Jul 17, 2006
    I believe that there are a lot of good shapers outthere. I particularly like Tyler, and Christenson.

I have a Christenson Glider 10'6" used a very few times for sale, or trade for a Tyler. If one of you guys is interested, you can send me an e-mail at: awshan_blue@yahoo.com.

See ya!

2. alb

alb New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Michel Junod

Scott Anderson

3. Roy Stewart

Roy Stewart Active Member

Oct 1, 2004
    New Zealand
    What a totally stuffed thread, there's no such thing as the best craftsman, anyone with 2 braincells to rub together coul tell you that. . . .. jeez surfers are thickheaded sometimes, nearly as thick as the rest of the population !

Oh sorry it's a 'Fav shapers' thread . . . why didn't you say so, my bad.

IDi, Idi, iDI amin, mosT amazing man. . . that has ever bin . . .(etc)

Which includes craftsman, so there

:dude:

4. jason

jason Member

Aug 3, 2005
    USA California
    what? WTF is "coul"???

5. daCat

daCat New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    I guess there are not a lot of people anymore who represent where they come from. I prefer to support my local shaper. I can still feel a little Dogtown in my bones. (Yes, I was an A-whole growing up. And I can't undo the damage that was done to the parked cars on hills that I slammed into and dented.) But 30 plus years later it doesn't mean much anymore. And 30 plus years later, my local shaper is retired as well. There is no one left from the old neighborhood, except a few alcoholics that roam the street, homeless. Now I just represent where I currently live. Tim Stamps, the local guy gets my respect and gets my $$$. I don't know if a good glasser makes for a better shaper. I don't mind that Greg Martz glasses my boards.

6. Roy Stewart

Roy Stewart Active Member

Oct 1, 2004
    New Zealand
    here's the 'd' to go with it. . . .

:dude:

7. WG

WG New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Stu Sharpe
    &
    Tom Neilson

8. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Roy!

I totally agree w/your thoughts here. But your kinda of ahead of the curb here when it comes to the question of who the "best shaper is".

It could be Roy Stewart, Paul Jenson, BK, GL, Del Cannon, Terry Fitz, Kiwi Scott, Junod, Haut, Diff, Merk, Dane Perlee, Mike Parmenter, Pearson, Byzak, Yater, Olie, etc. etc......

You get the pic. Bottomline, who is the artist/craftsman that can provide the humble soul a vehicle that can ride waves for ones enjoyment? ............woops! I'm beginning to sound more like Ambrose on Swaylocks!

DP

? It's about personal preference isn't it?

9. Benny

Benny Active Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Dale Velzy. You could say I admire his work... :)

Attached files
    [​IMG]

10. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey CMC
    Anyone have the history of Carl Schaper? I think he is originally from Florida. I'm trying to piece together if he spent some time in NJ and shaped some boards.