Best North East Winter accessories

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
1669752603102.png

Brrr

Mar 9, 2020
Rhode Island
I used to swear by Wetsox or something similar. Excel booties were the toughest to get off but they would slip off with something underneath. However I have also felt some boots feel sloshy with them. Haven't used Excel or Wetsox in years now. The boot dryer is def a must. I surf NH in the winter occasionally, but I am not going to even try and compare cold to the guys up in Maine or farther North. I think my favorite must have is a plane ticket haha. Two good winter trips make the cold windy flat spells way more bearable!

kyle

Jun 2, 2010
I used to swear by Wetsox or something similar. Excel booties were the toughest to get off but they would slip off with something underneath. However I have also felt some boots feel sloshy with them. Haven't used Excel or Wetsox in years now. The boot dryer is def a must. I surf NH in the winter occasionally, but I am not going to even try and compare cold to the guys up in Maine or farther North. I think my favorite must have is a plane ticket haha. Two good winter trips make the cold windy flat spells way more bearable!
I second the winter trip move as well. Nice cyber Mon deals out there.

I still use wetsox. I used to use plastic bags. Maybe I should upgrade. Sometimes the Wetsox would cut off blood circulation on my big toes.

Going to test the idea of a poncho so I can go straight from ocean to home with full gear on under the poncho + an extra towel to keep the seat dry.

Anyone else do this?

kyle

Jun 2, 2010
Those Ace boots look interesting, I might have to give them a try.

Anyone ever try Wetty boots? Similar concept, more of a sock than a boot.

I like the FUCK OFF boots.