Ben Aipa.

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Artz, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    This is very sad news. The legendary Shaper/Surfer Ben Aipa. Has had a Stroke and has 4th Stage Dementia. There will be an Auction of 30 of his Personal Boards to help pay for some of his medical expenses.

cjdubs7 and Surfnfish like this.
  2. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    a quiet cabin in the woods
    hell of a tough way to end such a great run through life...blessings to his family care givers

cjdubs7, hankster and Artz like this.
  3. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    AVIATOR NATION FOWLER STINGER HANDSHAPED 2019.jpg AviatorNationStingerBottom.jpg Sting Me! 2020.jpg That is very sad to hear!
    When Aviator Nation told me they had plans to open a new store on the North Shore, they asked me what model could I shape for them that would fit with their 70's banding vibe.

I told them an homage to Ben would be very appropriate. Ben was such an incredible surfer when he was younger & weighed a lot more. He still had the coordination & agility of a much lighter surfer, and there is a foto I was trying to find to post here of him planting one big ass bottom turn, perhaps at Haliewa, that impresses me to this day.

Ben sure inspired me. Prayers to him and his family. AviatorNationStingerDeck.jpg View attachment 20835 View attachment 20835 BART BOYEL STINGER 2008.jpg BART'S STINGER PLLANSHAPE CUT OUT.jpg

Artz, hankster and Surfnfish like this.
  4. Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Art, or others, please let me know the best way I can set up a Go Fund me or donation site. A lot of people view my Facebook & Swaylocks sites and I'd like to direct donations to the right source.

Artz likes this.
  5. Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
    California
  6. Artz

Artz Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
  7. Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    This is great.
    I looked into Go Fund Me on You Tube and the guy who created GF's and the average amount received is usually around $1k. So Ben's is doing well in light of that.

Artz likes this.
  8. Latte

Latte Active Member

Sep 2, 2008
    USA, near the witches
    That was a great video...I would have bid on one of his boards from the state if I did not already just paid for my gunlog.

Bruce Fowler likes this.
  9. Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Here are a couple shots of a rare Aipa Sting Round Tail.

Prayers every night for Ben & his family... more comfort, less suffering. AIPA DECK ROUND TAIL STING.jpg AIPA STING ROUNDTAIL.jpg

Artz and hankster like this.