Beater Trade Network - any interest?

Langbort

Apr 25, 2021
NY
Floating this up again - I may post a couple beaters together as a package here in the next couple of days, more notably a 9'6" Mandala Hunter Seeker that has had a ton of work done (new deck I glassed) but is still a super fun tri-plane glider.

If anyone has anything interesting in the high-8s or low-7s, let me know. Manny boards, Finelines, etc. Can bundle some boards up from other hull shapers if the offer is right.

I've got some old Gato beaters out there I'd love to get back if possible...

I would be super interested in the hunter seeker. Any creative shipping options to NYC? Cross country beater network?

Twinfindestroyer

Nov 10, 2021
Santa Cruz
I’ve got a 7’2 mabile honey badger. It’s had some work done, and is completely watertight. BUT and very important but is that it has the worst delam repair you’ve ever seen. It was my first big project and it is so bad it should be illegal. I’ll get some pics up soon. But it’s still super fun and I although I don’t really want to sell it, would be happy to trade it around. I’d be super stoked if anyone had a really bad old hull around they want to swap for, I’ve never rode one and have been getting curious

thesweendogg

Feb 5, 2021
California
I’ve got a 7’2 mabile honey badger. It’s had some work done, and is completely watertight. BUT and very important but is that it has the worst delam repair you’ve ever seen. It was my first big project and it is so bad it should be illegal. I’ll get some pics up soon. But it’s still super fun and I although I don’t really want to sell it, would be happy to trade it around. I’d be super stoked if anyone had a really bad old hull around they want to swap for, I’ve never rode one and have been getting curious
Nice, I may have something for trade. Will send a DM if you are interested

SdSurferguy

Oct 18, 2006
USA
Bump. Life is nuts right now and I'm running out of time to tackle these ridiculous projects I keep assigning myself. I think this thread is full of masochists, myself included. That said:

I have a 6'2 Larmo Twinzer that has one small issue, it's missing a deck. Rode it all spring before the delaminated deck glass buckled on a big day. Foam underneath appears fine. Cut it off but don't have the time anymore to mess with it. GONE to a good home!

6'8 Tony Staples Speed Egg. Fun shape, I've had a few of these over the years. This one is dirty from the elements but not many open dings. It does have massive delam on the deck. I haven't gotten around to cutting it off yet. FREE

9'6 Surfboards California UFO Noserider. Single fin. Snapped. No photos yet but looks like a roundtail noserider with fat trashcan lid nose, but in two pieces. On the plus side I don't think it has delam. Will try to upload photos this week. FREE

Going in the trash or on some weirdo's surfboard fence exhibit if no one here wants them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.23.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.23.38 PM.png
    798.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.23.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.23.47 PM.png
    747.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.23.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.23.56 PM.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

kcl

May 23, 2018
L.A. County

kcl

May 23, 2018
L.A. County
Reef rash ✔️
Mandala ✔️
Same price as gas to pick it up ✔️

Classic. That egg looks like a fun one as well
Ha! You know me, can't pass that kind of thing up. The Hanel is a gift for a buddy who snapped his 7'4" Surfy Surfy-era Bonzer egg by Gary, the Mandala is headed to Big Island with me in a couple weeks.

Texting you about another beater we chatted about a few weeks back...