Beater Trade Network - any interest?

kclibman

May 23, 2018
L.A. County
Given the rocky breaks I usually surf, I buy a lot of cheap beater boards to try out different shapes and shapers. I'm not sure how many other Jammers do something similar, but it means that I end up usually having too many boards or that I just sell them after doing ding/delam repairs.

I've got a couple sitting in the garage right now that seem like people here would be interested in, and it might be a cool way for folks to check out a model without dropping serious money, especially with the way the used market has been. My thoughts are this:

- If a Jammer posts a beater board for trade, it would be cool to exchange it directly for another Jammer's beater board. The less cash in the transaction, the better, so no one is losing serious money on anything.
- The Jammer posting the board for trade can request what they'd like ideally in exchange.
- If the recipients don't click with the board, they post it back up here for trade if there was other interest in it. If no one bites in some amount of time and the original owner is cool with it, it can go up for sale.
- Local/coastal trade is probably ideal. Not sure most beaters are worth shipping.
- Claims could be made in the thread vs. DM so folks know who would like the board next.

If people are into this, I have a board that's ready to trade away right now.

lacaleb

Oct 11, 2020
Los Angeles
Yo! I’m down and have a few beaters. Nothing I’m quite willing to part with yet but probably soon (once I can fill that hole in my quiver). I’m following his thread!

Zzz

Aug 15, 2017
CA
Given the rocky breaks I usually surf, I buy a lot of cheap beater boards to try out different shapes and shapers. I'm not sure how many other Jammers do something similar, but it means that I end up usually having too many boards or that I just sell them after doing ding/delam repairs.

I've got a couple sitting in the garage right now that seem like people here would be interested in, and it might be a cool way for folks to check out a model without dropping serious money, especially with the way the used market has been. My thoughts are this:

- If a Jammer posts a beater board for trade, it would be cool to exchange it directly for another Jammer's beater board. The less cash in the transaction, the better, so no one is losing serious money on anything.
- The Jammer posting the board for trade can request what they'd like ideally in exchange.
- If the recipients don't click with the board, they post it back up here for trade if there was other interest in it. If no one bites in some amount of time and the original owner is cool with it, it can go up for sale.
- Local/coastal trade is probably ideal. Not sure most beaters are worth shipping.
- Claims could be made in the thread vs. DM so folks know who would like the board next.

If people are into this, I have a board that's ready to trade away right now.
Did you ever post photos of the beater board that I sent you the lockbox side bites for?

lacaleb

Oct 11, 2020
Los Angeles

Yo just posted this up in the regular forum but figured I'd throw this up in the Beater Network maybe to kick something off! Really trying to trade it for another hull but let me know!