Beach House NJ - Annual Fall, Old School Boardswap -October 13th

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by njrider, Aug 29, 2019.

1. njrider

njrider Active Member

Jan 18, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    Sunday, October 13th...Fall 2019

Fall's right around the corner...you know what that means! It's time for waves, uncrowded lineups and it's just about time for our Old School Board Swap. This Fall will be our 24th! Those of you that came to our spring swap, saw that we brought back the classic vibe...vintage cars and vintage board displays. This Fall, we want to continue to bring things back to how it used to be...really old school, loaded with Classics.
    We call it a boardswap, because that's what they called them back in the 60s...you can Buy, Sell or Swap. This tradition draws more and more people each year...we'll get surfers from 10 different states showing up, with well over 150 boards out in front, around the side and in back of the shop...it's a really cool event that I look forward to every Spring and Fall. PICT0030.jpg

2. poidog

poidog Active Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Cool. Hope to make it this year. On the lookout for something short, wide and thick.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Lackosense and Makawaosurfer93 like this.
  3. NewportGeek

NewportGeek Member

May 17, 2007
    USA California
  4. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    May have something in that catagory

5. njrider

njrider Active Member

Jan 18, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    We are going to continue what we started last year, with the classic cars and a display of vintage boards. We have some lined up, but we would love to have participation from Jamboards members! Let me know if you have a classic car or a vintage board that you would like to bring and share for the day!
    Thanks,
    The Beach house crew

6. NewportGeek

NewportGeek Member

May 17, 2007
    USA California
    Turns out I have a water polo tourney that weekend. Eyeing to make it out a few days before or after the weekend, based on swell and conditions.

7. OCSURFER32

OCSURFER32 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    West Palm Beach
    NICE !!! Time for me to get some new Swap T's !!!!

8. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    mandatory - whos bringing what post ???

9. NewportGeek

NewportGeek Member

May 17, 2007
    USA California
    I have John Peck's own 9'9" x 20" pintail big wave penetrator gun from the 90s... but I won't be present on the 12th and 13th due to a water polo tournament in Washington DC.

Lackosense likes this.
  10. njrider

njrider Active Member

Jan 18, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    A few Updates: we've been getting swell and awesome weather...let's pray this all continues!
    -Point Beach House guest house is about a mile north of the shop and right on the beach. They are offering rooms for $75 a night leading up to the swap for our customers! 732-899-1692 and John is the owner
    -Saturday night, October 12th from 6:30-9:30pm, we will be having a fun night at the Food Shack in Point Pleasant. It's a BYOB and they will have a limited menu for purchase, as well as DJ Trish, spinning some tunes! It's about a mile and a half north of the shop and right on the beach...should be fun.
    -Lastly, we are looking for a few more classic cars and a few more classic boards for the day...DM me if interested. We will be giving out a few awards for 'best in show' the day of the swap.

Tenfooter likes this.