Austin Surfboards Board Swap

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by austin s, Mar 3, 2010.

1. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    Thanks again. See you at the next one...

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. tentoesed

tentoesed New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Thanks for the photos, slosurf, and a big applause to Austin for taking the higher road that guy's like Jim (Phillips) and Gene (Cooper) have forged.

3. SJ_hodad

SJ_hodad Member

Mar 30, 2010
    USA New Jersey
    had a great time at the swap. Cool to meet some of the folks around here and lot of other stand up folks from down in the VA Beach area.

Also big thanks to Austin and his family and friends for making every one feel welcome and providing some good food and drinks for all.

I'll try to get pics and specs up of my new austin ASAP.

4. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    great weather, nice people, all around good times. Austin, thanks for putting this on and providing food and drink. I hope your boss gives you a day off to recover.

plenty of deals to be had and couldn't resist one myself. I didn't sell any of mine so they will all be at the NJ Swap on the 25th. See you there.

5. austin s

austin s Member

Jan 16, 2006
    USA Virginia
    Hey All,

Thanks for attending the swap. I hope everyone had a good time. Wish I wasn't running around like a madman and had more time to check out all the goodies that were there. Here is a shot of one corner of the swap from the roof of the shop. I should have more shots soon. I also want to thank all of my fam that put in some long hours at the swap, especially my pop. We are thinking about having another in september sometime. Please let me know if anyone would be interested. Thanks,

Austin

[​IMG]

6. hangheels

hangheels Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Ocean View, DE
    I think having one in Sept would be great. Maybe we can turn it into a swap/ east coast get together and get a weekend of surf in around Va Beach and a litte farther south in the OBX. Anyone who didn't attend missed a great time and a ton of great boards. That pic above is not showing another 20 boards or so that were to right side of the lot. I thought there was a good mix of different types of boards and prices.My wife was blown away by the generosity and kindness of the forum members we met and the whole Saunders family.

7. surfermac

surfermac Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA
    Now, that was a great time. Great to meet a number of Longboard.net'rs. Thanks to Austin for making it so easy and fun. Thanks to Troy and Dolly for keeping me full. When's the next one?

8. hangheels

hangheels Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Ocean View, DE
    I'm suprised Jook hasn't posted pics of his new Lance Carson. I wish I could remember the guys name who sold it too him, he was pretty funny too.

9. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    hangheels wrote:
    It was surfermac. I agree HH, we should have a gathering in OBX and then a swap or vice versa in the fall. I would be up for that. Great time this past weekend and thanks to Mrs. HH for buying my Bandit. I hope you enjoy it. After all it is a girls board or so I am told, right NJL?

Austin and all the folks in VA beach really know how to treat people. Alot of aloha all around and some great boards to be found. Hope to see everyone again soon.

10. Jook

Jook Member

May 6, 2005
    USA
    Thanks, Austin and the Saunders family for the great day at the swap. I met a bunch of nice people.

My only regret is that i did not come home with a board that Austin made. They are stunning in person. The new .51 caliber boards are some of sweetest looking sticks I've seen. I noticed Austin has a strong following of people who really believe in how his boards ride. If they were selling one of his boards at the swap, it was only so they could order another from Austin, in another size or model.

Thanks Troy for the p90x advice... I puked 3/4 of the way through my first workout:shock::p I'm sore as hell too.

I'll get pictures up of the Lance Carson i got from surfermac.. Also the Tyler Noserider i bought from slosurf.