Assistance Requested - Los Angeles Zone

m8r

Apr 8, 2014
NC
Hi:

I'm in the process of bringing my remaining West Coast quiver back east (NC).

I have 3 shortboards between 6.1 & 6.6 packed up in a 7.6 double board bag, all ready to be shipped, and I'm looking for some potential assistance in two areas:
1. Leads on shipping options for coast to coast transport. I'm relatively flexible with the logistics, would prefer not to re-pack them into a box unless that is required, but again, I'm flexible (beggars can't be choosers at this point). Direct shipping through a company, shipping assistance from cooperative shops in the LA zone, I'll take whatever insights & advice you have on best or preferred options.

2. If things get really desperate timing wise (my good friend is moving from LA, cannot store my boards anymore, so they've got to go cross country), I might possible need assistance with very short term storage until the shipper takes them (this likely would not be required until late February).

Please let me know.

Thanks Jammers!

Aloha

M

pintail

Feb 19, 2004
LA, California
I shipped one board to a forum member some years ago through a shop that closed. They packed it in one of the boxes their board stock came in and arranged the shipping. With the situation now, many shops are closed, so that avenue may be tough and perhaps some other jammers have some resources. I could also short-term store if needed needed.

m8r

Apr 8, 2014
NC
Thanks everyone for the offers & suggestions.

I've got everything lined up.

Aloha