Artisa fin co-op

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
I can’t recall any member posting 20-30 new threads during their first 30 days of membership. What could the reason be? We’ve been lead to believe it’s for inspiration, creativity, free thought, maybe even humor but I doubt that. Seems we have a new member who insists on teaching those of us who don’t know. Doesn’t matter the level of stoke or involvement we’ve had for 30, 40, 50, and even 60 years as avid surfers.

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
It’s a buy/sell/trade forum...
Y’all have nothing to do but complain all the time. He’s an interesting character with more to contribute than most of you guys. Is it really that annoying that someone wants to participate here? Isn’t that what forums are for? To connect people and form a community?

Yes, but any internet forum has certain guidelines. There are subforums here for people that want to promote their businesses (Vendor Classifieds or the Buy/Sell/Trade subforums). Jamboards is far and away more mellow than any other forum I've ever been on. On those other ones, the snark factor is through the roof, and god forbid that you don't use the search tool before asking a question. Jamboards is a happy little forum that is very welcoming to newcomers, but once in a while, we'll get people that come in a little hot without first taking the time to observe the flow of how things go here.

It's a lot like this: Many years ago, I went to a buddy's wedding and there was an after-party in one of the hotel rooms. On my way to the party, I spotted a broken down bike stashed in the bushes. I thought it would be pretty fun to pull the bike out of the bushes and ride the bike straight into the hotel room with a rebel yell. Let's just say that I probably should have gone in and observed the vibe first before looking like a total asshat.

Artisan Fin Co-Op

Sep 6, 2019
Outer Bar-4 Mile , Anna Bay
27146AFC-54E8-4F03-A57C-4C0D815782E8.jpeg

deemce

May 18, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
[QUOTE="Chilly Willy,
It's a lot like this: Many years ago, I went to a buddy's wedding and there was an after-party in one of the hotel rooms. On my way to the party, I spotted a broken down bike stashed in the bushes. I thought it would be pretty fun to pull the bike out of the bushes and ride the bike straight into the hotel room with a rebel yell. Let's just say that I probably should have gone in and observed the vibe first before looking like a total asshat.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO.