Are Aussie Style Noseriders Back in Style?

Niau

Dec 18, 2020
Necarney City
1966?
tumblr_inline_om9fhmCLNS1r9e35o_540.jpg

Last edited:

Artz

Nov 22, 2018
Florida
Curious to know who you’d go for this shape in San Diego
Takayama. Has a few piggish shapes like the Tommy Witt mode. You could also ask if they would do a Takayama/ Nat Young model. I bet they still have template. Around.
Bing is also making a very nice looking modern paid style board.

Last edited:

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Dane Peterson makes a nice one. (Unhinged surfboards peto pig)

Dp was riding these shapes when he lived in noosa, shaped by a Japanese guy ( revolutions? ) years ago and was part of the movement of the younger Aussie guys over there starting to ride these shapes.

1617820336782.jpeg

Difficult to tell the foil from the photos but this looks fun

Alex knost is shaping some under his bmt label.

Bings pocket knife speed shape looks along the same lines too.

Pretty sure the Thomas and dead kooks boards are available over there from time to time too.

To be honest I’m sure most good log shapers will make a decent version, you just want a template with a narrower nose, wide point back, nothing too extreme in the bottom and foiled a bit more than a normal nose rider.

jory

Dec 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I can’t find a better picture but the board on the right with the scribbles on is Danes board that was shaped in 09 maybe ( by revelation in Japan!)

Clearly it’s along the lines we are talking about and I think really only him and knost were on that template around the time.

B0223F84-B79F-4F3D-B61D-8C65E9020214.png

Clearly it worked

Yosh

Jan 31, 2019
El Segundo
I can’t find a better picture but the board on the right with the scribbles on is Danes board that was shaped in 09 maybe ( by revelation in Japan!)

Clearly it’s along the lines we are talking about and I think really only him and knost were on that template around the time.

View attachment 29359

Clearly it worked
local bud told me peto taught knost how to shape so makes sense