anyone skating anywhere?

piranha

Mar 3, 2004
USA Hawaii
hello out there....
there's plenty of towns not near any water where there's not a wave to be found.....we ride concrete waves.....where are the longboarders?

JN

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Must have been spacing, it isnt 6' !!!!!!!! Its a 47" that I have been riding for five or six years. Where and what do you ride?

piranha

Mar 3, 2004
USA Hawaii
alright! some action in the skate department instead of the surf department. Yea the gravity longboards are nice stuff. Much more soulful than Sector Nine I think. The only super longboards in the vicinity of 72" I've seen are the Jam models on this website. I think most people looking at this section of the bulletin board probably skate at least a few times a week.
Am I right?

G

sector nine is boring.....
gravity rocks.....
jam rules.....

Rastro

Feb 16, 2004
USA California
Orange County, CA. Chiming in.

I don't buy commerical decks but I'm not really into lighter weight boards. Here's a vlam I made for strictly cruising.

Attached files

Rastro

Feb 16, 2004
USA California
No problem with excessive flex. I'm 175 and my buddy is over 200 with no detrimental flex. I made it thick (.75 in) so that it would stay fairly flat and stable. For a cruise deck meant for cross stepping I did not want any flex. Also the v-lam construction is suppose to reduce the amount of bend. Something about the alternating materials, grain direction and gluelines is suppose to be stiffer that a homogeneous material. Weight is not much of a problem with a cruiser so you can make it thicker.