Anyone ride a Bing Levitator Type 2?

Sep 6, 2016
Curious thoughts and feedback.

Specifically - I have a 9-4 Bing BN Lightweight, and a 9-4 Spence Sam (love it). While the BN Lw has been great, occasionally excellent nose rides, its a bit of a horse to turn needs some oomph. I was thinking about a slightly more pulled in nose, and a slightly smaller tail, to have bit more turning and speed. Surfing cape cod sand bar beach breaks, and the Lev 2 looks like might fill my wants better than the Bn Lw and be just a hair more broader on waves.....this would be a sell BN and buy Lev 2. The Sam spoon by Spence is forever staying put!

Alek

Feb 17, 2016
I took out a 9'4 type 2 demo for a couple days recently. Rode it at a bumpy california point break in waves i would usually not ride a longboard in and it definitely turns! Was super impressed with how it handled off the tail. But It didn't noseride as well as I'd have liked but the waves didn't really offer up the best noseride sections and i've been riding super noseride oriented logs the last few years so I am used to getting easy tip time on more forgiving boards. I bet if you gave it some time to figure out it would tick that noseriding box for ya.

I attached two pics of me on it off the tail and on the nose. If you want to see some footage of it in action, message me your email and I can send some clips to you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.13.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 10.13.40 PM.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 6.17.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 6.17.10 PM.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 88

RobG814

Apr 27, 2020
North Carolina
I took out a 9'4 type 2 demo for a couple days recently. Rode it at a bumpy california point break in waves i would usually not ride a longboard in and it definitely turns! Was super impressed with how it handled off the tail. But It didn't noseride as well as I'd have liked but the waves didn't really offer up the best noseride sections and i've been riding super noseride oriented logs the last few years so I am used to getting easy tip time on more forgiving boards. I bet if you gave it some time to figure out it would tick that noseriding box for ya.

I attached two pics of me on it off the tail and on the nose. If you want to see some footage of it in action, message me your email and I can send some clips to you.
Absolutely ripping man!