Anybody seen "Spoons"?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by tuskedbeast, Sep 11, 2020.

1. tuskedbeast

tuskedbeast Active Member

May 25, 2020
    San Francisco
    ...and if you did, where?

Looks really good.

2. KDenning

KDenning Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Ventura, CA
    I took my fiancé up to Santa Barbara when it premiered at the SBIFF’s closing night. That was a great night and an awesome film!

3. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    Is this the one? This is a trailer but, you seem to be able to rent the whole movie on YouTube.

jdogger likes this.
  4. tuskedbeast

May 25, 2020
    San Francisco
    Yup. Viewing options were greyed on the movie's website but I didn't try beyond that.

5. Patrick Riley

Patrick Riley Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Jacksonville Beach
    Saw it at the Florida surf film festival last year. Really good film. And I strongly recommend the film fest if you are in Florida.

6. tuskedbeast

May 25, 2020
    San Francisco
    OK I tried a little harder. N/A on YouTube but the other "venues" look like they're up and running. I envy those of you that saw it with a crowd of surfers on the big screen at a surf film festival; I hate giving (yet more) money to Google and Apple but whattayado?

Roach likes this.
  7. KDenning

KDenning Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Ventura, CA
    I’m not sure who owns Vimeo but something about their platform is easier for me to justify. I believe it was $4.99 to rent and$12.99 to buy on Vimeo.

When we went to see the film at the SBIFF we thought it was the only film playing closing night so we drank accordingly before hand at two of our favorite SB bars (Good Lion and Test Pilot) only to find out there were a handful of awesome films before Spoons came on. Needless to say I could give it another watch!

tuskedbeast likes this.
  8. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    We love Spoons. My 2yo son insists we watch it almost every morning. I bought it digitally on iTunes.

9. Stef

Stef Active Member

Nov 8, 2004
    sharp park
    Santa Cruz Surf Film Fest - loved it !

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020