any so cal surf swaps upcoming?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by hullogfish, Sep 6, 2017.

1. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    Looking to unload a few things, is anyone aware of a swap coming up?

2. garagefull

garagefull Active Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Santa Cruz
    The longboard collector club is having a meet on Saturday, September 16 from dawn to 3 PM at the Topanga Ranch Motel.

3. Malibootay

Malibootay Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Newport/West Hills
    I was looking to see their other upcoming events but there are none listed. Do they pop up frequently or are they not having a meet for a while?

4. pintail

pintail Active Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    Their website isn't updated yet, new president of the club announced at Topanga. The next meet is 'the big one', at Doheny.

5. Malibootay

Malibootay Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Newport/West Hills
    Ooo nice guess I'll be there!

6. garagefull

garagefull Active Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Santa Cruz
    The Doheny meet is usually the first Saturday in December. Anyone can attend and buy, but you need to be a club member to sell. They collect the annual dues at Doheny. I think it is $25/year. Also, the majority of the items you sell need to be vintage, I'm not sure of the exact percentage. That rule has something to do with having events on state parks property. The events are supposed to be "events", with displays that are interesting and relevant to the public. I think the parks dept does not want their parks turned into a flea market.

Malibootay likes this.