Any Linda Mar longboarders out there?

Lustro

Jul 25, 2021
San Carlos, CA
What boards do you like for the spot? Just getting ideas.

I'm replacing a dinged up noserider that I like but is a little sketch at Linda Mar sometimes (steep, fast, closeouts, etc.) Looking for something a little more versatile/turn-y that nose rides but is not a point-and-shoot nose rider.

I prefer Santa Cruz, but I live near LM and can sneak in sessions before/after work, so I end up there most of the time.

Gracias.

DanSan

Jun 7, 2012
Soquel,CA
Something that gets you in quick
And turns fast
My osprey 10.0 speed demon
Or osprey 8.6 frankenspud spud

mightyrime

Nov 10, 2020
oceanside ca
Though i live in Socal I ride Linda Mar maybe every 2 months as I am up in the bay area for work. I borrow boards from my sister who surfs Linda mar alot.

I have rode there 2' to probably 6'. To me the waves character is it stands up quickly, hopefully you find a corner, you maybe get 2 turns and then it closes into a foam mush ball. It is also a tiring paddle for how close the break is.

I dont find it an ideal longboard wave there is no glide nor much to trim when i am there. Its a quick in and out.

Honestly If i lived there and rode it alot I would consider one of the higher end foamies in the 7' to 8' range.

I have rode my sisters sanchez egg in 8'6" and her friends 7'8" and both worked fine.

Again in my experience the ride is too short to really experience what a board does.

Lustro

Jul 25, 2021
San Carlos, CA
Though i live in Socal I ride Linda Mar maybe every 2 months as I am up in the bay area for work. I borrow boards from my sister who surfs Linda mar alot.

I have rode there 2' to probably 6'. To me the waves character is it stands up quickly, hopefully you find a corner, you maybe get 2 turns and then it closes into a foam mush ball. It is also a tiring paddle for how close the break is.

I dont find it an ideal longboard wave there is no glide nor much to trim when i am there. Its a quick in and out.

Honestly If i lived there and rode it alot I would consider one of the higher end foamies in the 7' to 8' range.

I have rode my sisters sanchez egg in 8'6" and her friends 7'8" and both worked fine.

Again in my experience the ride is too short to really experience what a board does.
Cool. I hang out near the docks when I can. It's not always the best, but I get the longest rides there. It almost feels like a point break sometimes when it's peeling. Lots of longboarders on that end.

Pokitren

Aug 8, 2022
Sydney

A question, if you allow me. Is it possible to find longer waves near Linda Mar for more riding?

nineohtoo

Apr 13, 2021
Pacifica, CA
I don't log, but mightyrime's description sounds pretty spot on. I learned how to surf there twenty years ago and try to avoid it unless it's too big up north or winds are uncooperative elsewhere, but that's pretty much how it is surfing anywhere north of Santa Cruz and south of Ocean Beach. I would argue that it's on the easier side compared to many other spots on the peninsula as I regularly surf local breaks where many people can't even get out back or have to go back in because of the current or wave size.

walkingtheplank

Aug 2, 2004
wherever i am
i used to call PSB "Weird Science" since it constantly got multiple swells f/the opposite direction (Gulf of Alaska & points south concurrently). fucking bizarre wave that broke all over the place. boat docks was usually a closeout, the creek was a little more consistent, pumphouse was always super crowded, & Crespi was rocky w/bigger size which made it ideal for the potato chip crowd.