Any insights on Davenport Ordering

espi

May 11, 2018
Dana Point, Ca
I have a 10’3 Cadejo and it weighs a ton. I was thinking about reordering a smaller one.

It’s great for small days.

MulletofMikePurpus

Aug 22, 2022
Torrance
For those who complain about the weight and wait, Adams boards are special. You’re talking about someone who’s worked with two of the guys who single-handedly kept traditional longboards (heavy single volan etc) alive ( not this 90s interpretation of a 60s longboard—most people consider traditional)— And is a direct continuation. Craftsmanship better than the 60s as a lot of those boards were mass produced especially coming from Hermosa Beach where he builds boards from now. So yeah the boards going to be heavy but is it really? I don’t think so and I don’t have a problem turning a Davenport. All board you got a put a Little umph into it. That iso flex is something To be also noted. You wouldn’t go to your normal Longboard Maker and ask for something Adam-esqe. As you wouldn’t go to Adam and ask him for six ounce blue weight “Aussie” style. As for the wait, give the guy the benefit as he is a one-man show. You’re getting something that you can hold on to for generations.

txgrinder

Jan 11, 2020
Texas USA
For those who complain about the weight and wait, Adams boards are special. You’re talking about someone who’s worked with two of the guys who single-handedly kept traditional longboards (heavy single volan etc) alive ( not this 90s interpretation of a 60s longboard—most people consider traditional)— And is a direct continuation. Craftsmanship better than the 60s as a lot of those boards were mass produced especially coming from Hermosa Beach where he builds boards from now. So yeah the boards going to be heavy but is it really? I don’t think so and I don’t have a problem turning a Davenport. All board you got a put a Little umph into it. That iso flex is something To be also noted. You wouldn’t go to your normal Longboard Maker and ask for something Adam-esqe. As you wouldn’t go to Adam and ask him for six ounce blue weight “Aussie” style. As for the wait, give the guy the benefit as he is a one-man show. You’re getting something that you can hold on to for generations.
Seems like nothing else need to be said. Great post.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
Was it the weight or shape? Glassed too heavy?
I specifically chose a lighter blank and lighter weight cloth. I don't know what he eventually ended up using, but I thought that board was pretty heavy in my opinion. I have vintage classic boards that ride as good if not better. If that's what I wanted, I would have just stuck with them. I will say that the board was visually stunning which helped me sell it immediately. I hope the new owner is having fun with it. It just wasn't for me.

Performance of a surfboard is subjective to the rider. There may be some out there that are OK with their board. That's fine by me. However, my post is more about some insane wait period to which may not turn out in the long term. There are no guarantees!

Last edited:

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
How ironic! That looks like my old board based on the tiny picture. Maybe not? This was my board, she did look purdy though.
Davenport 40-65 top.JPG

Doggyfizzle

Nov 23, 2020
Ventura
I’ve got a 10’ 40-65 barnfind - bought it on CL a year ago or so and turns out the seller was Adam himself. It likes a somewhat small, lined up day at C Street, but boy is it an incredible board. Glassed heavy, but as previous posters mention, not really an issue turning. I’m still looking for a Rick Noserider fin for it..

Attachments

• 0BFC8FA6-09B1-4498-833F-D4AB312F8577.jpeg
    0BFC8FA6-09B1-4498-833F-D4AB312F8577.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 63
  • B5DDF91D-B186-439B-AE20-02FEAE3B2517.jpeg
    B5DDF91D-B186-439B-AE20-02FEAE3B2517.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 62

shadydave

Mar 10, 2014
Ayer Ma USA
I’ve got a 10’ 40-65 barnfind - bought it on CL a year ago or so and turns out the seller was Adam himself. It likes a somewhat small, lined up day at C Street, but boy is it an incredible board. Glassed heavy, but as previous posters mention, not really an issue turning. I’m still looking for a Rick Noserider fin for it..
Have Brad make you a fin to compliment the board.

Members online