Any insights on Davenport Ordering

miscreant

May 20, 2016
If you've been on the waitlist since 2020 then something is definitely wrong. I know you feel like you're 'chasing' him, but that's pretty good grounds to reach out and see what's going on.
a refreshing edit from the "get refund, and buy a firewire" crack.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
I ordered a Davenport back when he wasn't so popular. The board I got was way too heavy for me and I was really disappointed with the performance. I got rid of it about 6 months later. There are many good shapers out there that will make you a good board without some insane wait period.

I have to admit that he is a fantastic craftsman, but if the board doesn't perform, what does it matter?

SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
USA New Jersey
I ordered a Davenport back when he wasn't so popular. The board I got was way too heavy for me and I was really disappointed with the performance. I got rid of it about 6 months later. There are many good shapers out there that will make you a good board without some insane wait period.

I have to admit that he is a fantastic craftsman, but if the board doesn't perform, what does it matter?
Was it the weight or shape? Glassed too heavy?

mikeanct

Dec 18, 2021
Santa Cruz
I got a davenport made for me last year after riding a friends and seeing the quality of build. I’m pretty picky with what I ride and quick to unload duds... he did a take on a vintage rider that works even better than the original, and is so beautiful it’s the only board that is stored inside my house instead of outside. Things weren’t as backed up then I guess.
There are few builders I will consider a new board from. He’s one of them, I’d say worth the wait/weight.

Yosh

Jan 31, 2019
El Segundo
What I heard from local is he is also helping (sometimes) Anderson since he’s using their bay now, which means he’s got his own lists, Hobie, AND Anderson… I gave up… hope to meet you in the future Tatsuo Special and/or 40-65…

txgrinder

Jan 11, 2020
Texas USA
The pig I had in my possession for some months was hands down the BEST pig I have ever had the pleasure to put in trim. His Cadejo was stellar too. It's all preference, as always.

Members online