Any insights on Davenport Ordering

espi

May 11, 2018
Dana Point, Ca
I just saw on the Davenport website that they've stop taking orders. Does anyone have some insights into when Adam is going to reopen orders?

fluidworks

Dec 1, 2019
San Luis Obispo, CA
I just spoke with Adam about my wait list spot, which I paid for May 2021. He said my number should called for the order before the end of this year.

Not that it helps much, but judging by my wait, how much work he has doing his own boards and now Hobie's...I think 2024 is probably more realistic.

Sbbcc

Dec 6, 2017
SB
I put in a deposit two years ago and was told a few months. I checked in at the year mark and was told a few months. I’m done checking in

Human

Nov 20, 2016
Oceanside
To clarify, this is a $50 refundable deposit to be on a waitlist. You get an email when it’s your turn explaining the next steps and how to move forward with an actual order. If you place the order the $50 goes to it. If not, it’s refunded.

To answer the question about wait time, this is why he has a waitlist as opposed to taking orders and making people wait for a year+.

espi

May 11, 2018
Dana Point, Ca
I was hoping to get on the waitlist, but that’s closed for now. I don’t know if anyone knows if the waitlist will open up again.

Human

Nov 20, 2016
Oceanside
I was hoping to get on the waitlist, but that’s closed for now. I don’t know if anyone knows if the waitlist will open up again.

Hopefully he can get caught up and open it again. Being a one man shop has its perks (quality control, as referenced in the other thread), but there’s also tremendous pressure from customers, supply chain, logistics, etc. He’s working 6 days a week to keep up. I’d love to be able to get boards glasses from him, or get a board from him… or just be able to hang out. I miss my friend!