ANTI DEPRESSANT THREAD! FIND POSITIVE THOUGHTS HERE!

dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
Florida USA
I'm going to Nashville the last week of this month for my One Year Check-up post Stem Cell Transplant. It's been a Mother of a Path but I'm gittin it done. If "all is well" after the visit (and my 19th Bone Marrow Biopsy!) I just "may" be able to get off all the meds that I have been taking for the past year. It would be a very solid Positive Yes moment for me.

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
I'm going to Nashville the last week of this month for my One Year Check-up post Stem Cell Transplant. It's been a Mother of a Path but I'm gittin it done. If "all is well" after the visit (and my 19th Bone Marrow Biopsy!) I just "may" be able to get off all the meds that I have been taking for the past year. It would be a very solid Positive Yes moment for me.
Great to hear!
Keep in mind that in recent decades modern medicine has been accelerating at an incredible pace. I was talking with one of my clients, a doctor who told me "it used to take years and years for some things to advance, nowadays something dating back 4, 5 or 6 years can seem archaic..... t-h-a-t is how fast progress is being made on once considered incurable 'death sentence' maladies".

P.S. Bush Jr. shut down stem cell research citing theological beliefs....... this was like shutting down the development of the light bulb to stick with candles. Thank the Lord this was only a temporary hitch in our giddy. The research since has brought hope & saved millions since.

XXX

Dec 18, 2020
Nowhere
00000302_IMG_0050.jpg

Mokumanamana or Necker Island is called the "Mystery Island" because no one lives there, but there is evidence that some have lived there.* Necker Island [(Hawaii, not West Indies) 46 acres] is known for its numerous religious sites and cultural objects. There are few, if any, signs of long-term habitation, giving rise to the theory that people visited the island for short periods from other islands instead of settling permanently. Many anthropologists believe that the island was a ceremonial and religious site. Necker has 55 currently known sites including 33 ritual sites called heiau, while the remaining sites represent agricultural terraces, miscellaneous platforms, and shelter caves — of which Bowl Cave is the largest. Cultural sites on Necker Island are contemporaneous with those on Nihoa and appear to have been abandoned at roughly the same time several centuries prior to European contact (`1778) with the Hawaiian Islands.

Artifacts excavated on Necker Island show a remarkable number of artifacts that would normally be made out of wood rendered in stone. This is especially true of the presence of a series of remarkable carved stone bowls and a bird snare that would have required far more time and effort to create from stone. Additionally, a series of human figures carved from local stone have been recovered from Necker. These statues are up to 1.5 feet (0.5 m) in length and differ in style and medium to similar sculptures (usually rendered in wood) recovered elsewhere in Hawaii.[18] Other artifacts include adzes, fish and squid lures, hammer stones, awls, and other stone tools commonly found across the Hawaiian Islands.

According to the myths and legends of the people of Kauai, which lies to the southeast, Necker Island was the last known refuge for a race of mythical "little people" called the Menehune. According to the legend, the Menehune settled on Necker Island after being chased off Kauai by the stronger Polynesians and subsequently built the various stone structures there.

* " And so the Me-ne-hu-ne in their great force left our Islands, and where they went there is none of us who know...But not all of the Me-ne-hu-ne left the Islands...and their descendants live with us to this day...living in caves and in hollow logs."

The first population census in historical times was undertaken in Wainiha Valley, Kauaʻi, near the beginning of the nineteenth century. A careful census of the valley counted more than 2,000 people, sixty-five of whom were described as menehune. Menehune were the legendary race of small people...

Last edited:

dingpatch

Apr 2, 2014
Florida USA
Great to hear!
Keep in mind that in recent decades modern medicine has been accelerating at an incredible pace. I was talking with one of my clients, a doctor who told me "it used to take years and years for some things to advance, nowadays something dating back 4, 5 or 6 years can seem archaic..... t-h-a-t is how fast progress is being made on once considered incurable 'death sentence' maladies".

P.S. Bush Jr. shut down stem cell research citing theological beliefs....... this was like shutting down the development of the light bulb to stick with candles. Thank the Lord this was only a temporary hitch in our giddy. The research since has brought hope & saved millions since.
Yes! During one of my "pre-briefs" back in 2018 the Director of Stem Cell Transplants at Vanderbilt told me "that what they thought they knew last week, , , , , is already stale". We are so, so, lucky to live in this time. 20 years ago we would have mostly been simply told to go home and prepare for The End!!! I said here before that I just can not believe that I am getting such World Class care from the Number One stem cell transplant Team in the Nation! Go Vandy !!!!

XXX

Dec 18, 2020
Nowhere