ANTI DEPRESSANT THREAD! FIND POSITIVE THOUGHTS HERE!

Bruce Fowler

Jul 28, 2018
California
If we are to believe the statistics, 1 out of 5 Americans are struggling with some form of mental illness. (Edit: & Mental Health challenges) This lends insight into the recent number of school & public shootings. Lately it seems like random violence is everywhere. We need to remove the stigma of mental health in order to address the many incidents that end up manifesting into violent behavior.

It doesn't help to hide mental health challenges nor sweep it under the rug.

In the meantime, this thread has been created as a "pressure valve" to share postivie things that happen in our lives & also share some Comic Relief. After all, Humor is Man having the ability to laugh at his Mortality.

Last edited:

surf1ng

Jan 22, 2022
rAdelaide AU
If we are to believe the statistics, 1 out of 5 Americans are struggling with some form of mental illness. This lends insight into the recent number of school & public shootings. Lately it seems like random violence is everywhere. We need to remove the stigma of mental health in order to address the many incidents that end up manifesting into violent behavior.

It doesn't help to hide mental health challenges nor sweep it under the rug.

In the meantime, this thread has been created as a "pressure valve" to share postivie things that happen in our lives & also share some Comic Relief. After all, Humor is Man having the ability to laugh at his Mortality.

Nice one Bruce. Great sentiment.

Sweet story… Dolphins to the rescue! They’re the best.
They must have used stock photos in the article because that aint no Doberman :p. The dog looked pretty happy in the pics,.. maybe he was an actor.

Chilly Willy

Feb 15, 2004
USA New Jersey
Sometimes it's the little things. I ran up onto to the boardwalk yesterday to grab ice cream cones for my wife and myself. As I set foot on the wood, a breeze of boardwalk smells caught my nose. It was a combination of everything all at once: salty sea air, sausage sandwiches and other fried foods, sunscreen, pungent creosote, chlorine from the water park, the ghost of someone's distant cigarette, go-kart exhaust, cotton candy and other goodies at the candy shop. Some of those things sound completely unpleasant, but it was actually the most delightful whiff of summer at the shore. I've been thinking about it ever since. Don't forget to take the time to smell the roses sausage sandwiches.

Outside

Dec 12, 2021
Garden City, NY
Enjoyed a very pleasant morning on the Outer Bank with M8R, when I handed off his beautiful new board to him at Murray Ross & Rascoe's shop. We all talked about mutual interests, surf pleasantries, and assorted experiences. The kind of fellow that after talking for 15 minutes, you feel that you've known for a long time. He's the latest in a line of very nice people that I've been fortunate to meet from this site. Had a wonderful time with everyone's company and conversation. Then, all too quickly, it was time for M & R to get back to work, Mark to head back home, and me to wait for any waves. Oh, I did pick up the refurbished "craigslist" Hobie. Photos will be posted in the "new Board" section. Great day!

Last edited:

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
High Sierras, CA
That is a great dolphin story. It hurts my heart when I hear that they are hunted in some countries. I don't get it!

Regarding mental illness in the country, it is no wonder why when you are bombarded nonstop with negative news stories and propaganda. Turn off that TV set and heal yourself.