Andreini Stoke

Sbbcc

Dec 6, 2017
SB
What's wrong with the stock boards finish? Is it just that they aren't glossed + polished which you fer, or something else?

Nothing is wrong, they just typically don't catch my eye and seem to have lighter glass than the ones I have.

mabella

Sep 17, 2020
SF Bay Area
What's wrong with the stock boards finish? Is it just that they aren't glossed + polished which you prefer, or something else?

The mcvee I picked up at beach house a few months back had kinda sloppy cutlaps and a blemish or two on the bottom. Tint was a little streaky and glassed lighter than I prefer. Not sure where that batch was glassed at.

Ended up selling it to a friend who was in love with it and I quickly regretted it every time we paddled out together. I recently reunited with a beat up 8’2 and I can’t believe I was fussing over those little imperfections...magic board

Proper_Mode

Jan 8, 2016
USA California
ditto. pisses me off. ok if im getting a deal but 1200 is not a deal whatsoever. also some dudes sell with filthy wax . i picked up a filthy fineline corsair for $150 but hey now there's a diamond in the rough.
riding another man's old hairy wax... might as well be wearing their unwashed speedos. how bad do you want that slide?

jackm

Apr 22, 2021
Venice
also since im being a nitpicky bitch - 1. maybe its just me - but I wouldnt stand up a sexy nice board on concrete, period. 2. no deck pic? - but a closeup of his signature decal - really??? who cares!!?
Plus no A flex fin. Neither of my vaqueros have that signature. Seems strange

eggrider

Feb 25, 2020
Bay Area
The mcvee I picked up at beach house a few months back had kinda sloppy cutlaps and a blemish or two on the bottom. Tint was a little streaky and glassed lighter than I prefer. Not sure where that batch was glassed at.

Ended up selling it to a friend who was in love with it and I quickly regretted it every time we paddled out together. I recently reunited with a beat up 8’2 and I can’t believe I was fussing over those little imperfections...magic board

Mine which is direct from Marc also had blemishes (ink spots, strands). Does not affect the magic carpet ride but curious whether this is quality control issue at the usual glass shop, especially given the current order value.
Has anyone had this issue with their recent orders? Mine’s finished in Feb.

jackm

Apr 22, 2021
Venice
Mine which is direct from Marc also had blemishes (ink spots, strands). Does not affect the magic carpet ride but curious whether this is quality control issue at the usual glass shop, especially given the current order value.
Has anyone had this issue with their recent orders? Mine’s finished in Feb.
I picked up one from beach house a few months ago and glassing was just as good as my custom from a few years back. I’d say you’re right with how busy the shops are. Good time to be someone learning to glass!

Salty

May 1, 2010
USA California
Just picked up my Vaquero from Marc today at Aquatech here in the South Bay. He's been down here helping out with the Anderson/Liddle line for the past 3 days. He confirmed that he is no longer taking custom orders until January '22.

Always a pleasure talking story with the man.

Marc-AT-sm.jpeg