Andreini Stoke

Dadanman14

Oct 16, 2020
Carlsbad, CA
Marc told me 8’2” - 8’10” is the magic range for the mcvee. I went right down the middle and put an 8’6” on order a few months ago. I also have a 7’2” vaq on order and go back and forth on whether I should have gone any size longer up to 7’10”. I am 6’ 190.

Sbbcc

Dec 6, 2017
SB
I was in mollusk Venice where I had them take down an 8’6 (?) Mcvee so I could get a feel... and something came over me! Never wanted to shell out 1300 for something more in my life. I resisted but it got me thinking... is my 6’10 vaq on order too short? I’ve just recently started riding a 7 footer and that’s the longest board I’ve had (hence the small vaq Marc recommended) but all that length in the mcvee... I don’t know anymore. Who am I? What do I do? (You don’t need to answer those, but you should grab that board.)
6’10 is perfect for me. I almost bought one in there but I’m going to order one

mabella

Sep 17, 2020
SF Bay Area
I recently picked up an 8’4 McVee from Beach House (thanks for the heads up @Couch!) First board I’ve ever bought new off the rack and I’m stoked. Loved it the first time I took it out, so much fun. Smooth and fast like all of Marc’s boards, but looser off the tail than my vaq, more foiled, stable and loves to trim from the front third. Also a wave catching machine, paddled into waves easier and earlier than my friends riding boards a foot longer. Feels great in clean point waves but also in messy beach break

Attachments

• DDC02A84-6D05-48BC-BB29-5200815A9998.jpeg
    DDC02A84-6D05-48BC-BB29-5200815A9998.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 55

eggrider

Feb 25, 2020
Bay Area
I recently picked up an 8’4 McVee from Beach House (thanks for the heads up @Couch!) First board I’ve ever bought new off the rack and I’m stoked. Loved it the first time I took it out, so much fun. Smooth and fast like all of Marc’s boards, but looser off the tail than my vaq, more foiled, stable and loves to trim from the front third. Also a wave catching machine, paddled into waves easier and earlier than my friends riding boards a foot longer. Feels great in clean point waves but also in messy beach break
You scored! I've not seen a McVee in person. Is the bottom contour and the belly similar to the vaquero? Main difference is the vee in the tail?

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF
Has anyone seen this McVee outline before? I'm about to place an order with Marc and I'm considering either a
7'11 McVee or Vaquero. I feel like this shape is the happy medium i'm looking for.

hankster

Nov 12, 2013
San Francisco
Doh! All this talk about mid-length McVee boards has got me thinking. I purchased a 9' Vee Bottom (before Marc came up with the name McVee) years ago. I asked him to make it extra durable, and he did. Problem is, she weighs a ton. Reading all this talk about 8' something boards has got me reassessing.

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF
Doh! All this talk about mid-length McVee boards has got me thinking. I purchased a 9' Vee Bottom (before Marc came up with the name McVee) years ago. I asked him to make it extra durable, and he did. Problem is, she weighs a ton. Reading all this talk about 8' something boards has got me reassessing.
I’ll take that off your hands if you need some cash for a smaller one ;)