Andreini Stoke

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF
Looking to order an Andreini for medium size northern califronia days when I don't want to log and but I don't want to struggle to get waves.

My girlfriend has a bladed 8'2 double ender style hull that I love surfing at OB. Long enough to paddle into rollers but knifey enough to make steep drops.

Thinking about a 8'0 - 8'6 McVee with thinner foil. Any thoughts?

Fishy

Aug 22, 2014
I had a McVee briefly but couldn't really make it work. From what I've heard since then you're either a vbottom type or you're not. You have to be born with that trait apparently. Sounds like your waves are steep even when they're small which would have exacerbated the problem for me. Now I have a Vaquero and I'm comfortable making any wave I'm likely to try for and it's great in small stuff too. So, I'd suggest you try and surf a McVee or similar before your order one. For me, Vaquero or Serena are a safer bet.

sam

Nov 16, 2020
SF
I had a McVee briefly but couldn't really make it work. From what I've heard since then you're either a vbottom type or you're not. You have to be born with that trait apparently. Sounds like your waves are steep even when they're small which would have exacerbated the problem for me. Now I have a Vaquero and I'm comfortable making any wave I'm likely to try for and it's great in small stuff too. So, I'd suggest you try and surf a McVee or similar before your order one. For me, Vaquero or Serena are a safer bet.

Thanks for the info, I think I'm definitely a v guy. My main board for solid surf was a 7'2 v bottom for a while. It was pretty wide and thick. I always felt like if it was longer it would have been the perfect board, hence my interest in the McVee.

V.jpg

I actually miss this board a lot, was a great two board quiver with my 9'6 daily cup

Attachments

• IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3605.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 40

Budthedog

Dec 22, 2020
California
I was in mollusk Venice where I had them take down an 8’6 (?) Mcvee so I could get a feel... and something came over me! Never wanted to shell out 1300 for something more in my life. I resisted but it got me thinking... is my 6’10 vaq on order too short? I’ve just recently started riding a 7 footer and that’s the longest board I’ve had (hence the small vaq Marc recommended) but all that length in the mcvee... I don’t know anymore. Who am I? What do I do? (You don’t need to answer those, but you should grab that board.)

shadydave

Mar 10, 2014
Ayer Ma USA
I was in mollusk Venice where I had them take down an 8’6 (?) Mcvee so I could get a feel... and something came over me! Never wanted to shell out 1300 for something more in my life. I resisted but it got me thinking... is my 6’10 vaq on order too short? I’ve just recently started riding a 7 footer and that’s the longest board I’ve had (hence the small vaq Marc recommended) but all that length in the mcvee... I don’t know anymore. Who am I? What do I do? (You don’t need to answer those, but you should grab that board.)
Sounds like a perfect length for a McVee