Andreini Stoke

kclibman

May 23, 2018
L.A. County
I have a 7’10 vaquero. I run the 8 3/4 aflex it came with. Is yours gonna be an edge? To be honest , I would ride whatever fin Marc sends and adjust accordingly .

Agree with this - I've got a 7'9" with the same fin and small adjustments make a difference. Also dig the True Ames L-Flex as well at 9", pretty flexy.

I've only surfed the Powerblade in @BrazilButtNut's APE Edge, and it was magic in that board, but that could have been the combo of edge and fin.

Pete

Nov 19, 2020
Carlsbad
Agree with this - I've got a 7'9" with the same fin and small adjustments make a difference. Also dig the True Ames L-Flex as well at 9", pretty flexy.

I've only surfed the Powerblade in @BrazilButtNut's APE Edge, and it was magic in that board, but that could have been the combo of edge and fin.
Thanks to both of you ! Mine is a “normal” vaquero ... and ill just keep what Marc has written on the write up sheet : a 9,25 A

ToddsontheNose

Apr 23, 2016
Carlsbad, CA
I’ve tried a few times to have a conversation about fins with Marc. His response is always the same “Use the fin I gave you and put it in the middle.”

the Vaq turns so well with the AFlex I wouldn’t bother changing it.

I have blade on my edge and it makes a world of difference compared to the GG High Speed. I think the narrower base helps loosen up the board. I felt it was very stiff and tracks hard especially backside with the high speed.

Image for reference of the power blade, day I picked it up, Marc installed.

Attachments

• 105D5A6B-44A5-4A3D-9947-A55C8A96B147.jpeg
    105D5A6B-44A5-4A3D-9947-A55C8A96B147.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 104

michael

Apr 19, 2017
NJ
Got onto a special 7-2 vaquero de las olas, wow what a size!

This ones pinched, much more foiled than my others, and has some solid weight to it. Fun. Has a lot of zip and squirt - soapy. Jumps gears really naturally and easily. Holds speed through direction changes. Still long enough to stabilize in trim and stretch out 5 for lightspeed section beating.

My mind is still being blown by the magician. 8-4 has gone up on the wall for now. Stoked!