Andreini Stoke

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by scnate, Jan 24, 2013.

1. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Steiny, is this the same foam Gene's been using?

2. Roach

Roach Active Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Carlsbad California
    talking foam with MA in deciding to go wood or no wood, i think he mentioned Ice-9 foam for stringerless.

3. Steiny

Steiny New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    USA California
    cuda wrote:
    i really don't know. the boards is maybe 4 years old and i think marc had the blank for a while before that.

4. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
  5. airboy808

airboy808 Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Check the timberline andreini. 1/8" paulowaina wood planks over stringerless eps. Weight in between a full eps and poly board. Love my 7'4" vaquero. Wished it had side bites some times.

6. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    First ride report:

Today at the holy spot. Waist to head high glassy and fairly quick.

When Leon handed me the board out of his trailer it was surprisingly super light, even with the foam and cardboard packing.

No learning curve, great paddler, fast trim and down the line.

What i did not expect was that an 11'er could respond and surf top to bottom in waist to head high surf, smack the lip, floater and be almost as responsive as a hi performance 9'er.

Hi perf. 11' glider, really?

Ya, a couple of mid length guys were grumbling as i paddled by them (again) saying i was getting all the waves...and a fellow from Carlsbad on a new 10-2 vaquero paddled up and said he wanted an 11'er also, and that he was going to tell Marc (laughing) that i would not let him have any waves. The latter of course is not true, as i am considerate, don't hop people (unless provoked) and as i was getting my fair share held off on many waves to share the wealth....That said, i got whatever i wanted:dude:

Attached files
    [​IMG]

7. Steiny

Steiny New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    USA California
    saw marc the other night on the stairs with a stringerless spoon, it looked so proper.
    i am so pleased with my board from marc. my son has a 5'10" 2+1 marc shaped him that works very well too

8. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    just scored this 6'6 Vaquero....any fin suggestions?

Attached files
    [​IMG]

9. longhairhippie

longhairhippie Active Member

Mar 31, 2011
    USA
  10. Dynaglyder

Dynaglyder Member

Dec 21, 2011
    On January 28, I joined the Andreini society, fetching two new PU/PE boards from Mark: 11' Glider and a 9'6" Vaquero. Initially, I surfed the Glider at San O and subsequently at Devereaux. So stoked with the Glider, I haven't surfed the Vaquero as yet, although the Vaq is supposed to be my warm water travel board. I'm using an 8.25" flex fin in the Glider and will use a 9.25" flex in the Vaquero. I couldn't be happier with the boards craftsmanship and reasonable price. Mark is a master shaper who delivers a great product.