Anderson Farberow 1 model..?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    feedback from anyone experienced with this model?

2. crowded

crowded New Member

Jul 21, 2019
    I have one. I'm a huge fan of Scott's boards (I have two poachers and the farberow). Mine is a 9'10". It's a solid board. Noserides insane when you are high and tight in the pocket. If you're not there, forget about noseriding it. It does have a fair amount of flip in the tail, which seems to allow it to actually be turned when on the nose. I initially rode it with the flex fin it came with, but that got destroyed due to a close encounter with the finger reef. I put my old 10" fin from an old KC I had in it, and it seems to work better than with the flex fin. But in reality, it's just a board, nothing special. I sold two of my KCs (they were delamming pretty good, and I'd had them for a decade +), when I did a major quiver downsizing a couple of years ago. Wish I had kept the KCs, and sold the Farberow. OTOH, my poachers are absolutely magic, and are my daily drivers from waist high up to DOH. Scott is an absolute pleasure to order boards from. If you're ever in Encinitas, feel free to reach out, and you can take mine for a spin.

Surfnfish likes this.
  3. icecreamheadache

icecreamheadache Active Member

Jan 14, 2006
    I had a 9’6”. I loved it for days inbetween where I normally ride logs and where shortboards become more fun (waist to chest high points). Quick, turny and super fun though not a particularly solid noserider. I upgraded to a Faberow II that was my go to log for years... he makes super good boards.

4. norcal57

norcal57 Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Great boards. Had a 9'-3" that surfed the bigger days. Ran a 9.5 4A flex fin for drive off the bottom.

Attached Files:

5. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    ED8087C3-F46D-4817-966D-891F716DD2AA.jpeg upload_2019-9-3_19-1-17.jpeg
    I had a 10’-2” that got passed around a bit, it was a great board.

SReilly and hankster like this.
  6. SeaSpite

SeaSpite Member

Mar 17, 2013
    The Farberow 1 was my go to for a long time. Great all around board, easy turning and excels in speedy beach break.

7. Croweater

Croweater Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Carlsbad, CA
    I owned this one for a bit. Loved it. Tried to get it back but just missed out on it.

SReilly likes this.
  8. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I had a 9'6" a few years back. Great all arounder. Mine carried a little extra volume and didn't like bigger waves.

Poachers are great boards too. Should have kept those.