Aloha! In Oahu until Sept 15

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Lackosense, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Stoked to be in Oahu! If any Jammers have tips, suggestions, want to hang, take me surfing, show this haole some aloha spirit...please chime in :)

I'm staying on the north shore but plan to explore the entire island.

Chilly Willy and michael like this.
  2. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    USA Pennsylvania
    Enjoy!!!!

Lackosense likes this.
  3. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Enjoy!!! It’s Summer surf the South side of the island. Others have more local knowledge. This means you won’t be in Manasquan on the 14th.

Lackosense likes this.
  4. Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Thats unfortunately right, but if you attend, perhaps we can coordinate a boardtrain with someone for the CCRider

5. SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    The swap in Bay Head is probably a better option for the hand off. I’d like to get the V Bottom South for an adapter fitting too if you want.

Lackosense likes this.
  6. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    The country has had a few swells this summer, but the sand bars aren't set up for some places to break. Rocky Point has been getting good waves when there is a pulse. Town has waves almost everyday with some nice SW swells filling in. Have fun. KOA on Koa Road behind the Hyatt Regency has some nice rentals, all Surftech variety, but I rented a Takyama Double Ender that had some nice weight to it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Lackosense likes this.
  7. donnyduckdive

donnyduckdive New Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Moku in Waikiki might have a few longboards that are not surftech. I rented a locally shaped log with a glass on d fin last winter.

Also - do yourself a favor and grab some poke at Maguro Brothers.

Lackosense likes this.
  8. SeniorGrom

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Please check in from paradise.........

Lackosense likes this.
  9. Lackosense

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    Ha! Im having a blast...sunset beach got a decent pump of NE swell last few days...hawaiians definitely have their own way of measuring waves...because 5ft out her is massive!

Lots of coral dodging....dont see any nice boards out here mostly soft tops and a variety of shortboards....saw a few brewer guns....i buckled one of my hosts soft top midlenghts so now im mostly surfing my 4th gear flyer mat...im planning to spend next week on the south shore and find more longboard friendly waves. Aloha!

dingpatch and Makawaosurfer93 like this.
  10. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
    Check out the Diners Drive-Ins and Dives spots you can get to. Nice to add them to your "Been there, ate that" list.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/hawaii

Oh, and, , , , in regard to Poke, , , , stop in at a Safeway grocery and check out their selection of Poke in the deli/sea food section. I've found it to be pretty good and a quick and easy meal.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Lackosense and Artz like this.