Almond's new softies look fun

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by sightpoint, Jun 13, 2019.

1. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    davey and Croweater like this.
  2. Spritzer

Spritzer Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Virginia Beach
    I've always been interested in the 5'4 secret menu, that new 8'0 looks fun too. Havent seen any over on the east coast, would like to hear thoughts also.

sightpoint likes this.
  3. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    ZZZZZzzzzzzz.....

kclibman likes this.
  4. davey

davey Active Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    Time to wake up old man!!

5. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    the 5'4 Almond in that series could well be just the ticket for my granddaughter, currently doing a credible job of beating the crap out of her Dad's Stretch...

Lilasurf.jpg
    R-Series_-_MOCKUP-Third_Coast-_with_mono_1800x.jpg

6. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Would be fun on those days when my back won’t me to pop up. I have an older keel Fin Fish for those days but a softy would feel a lot better on my ribs.

davey likes this.
  7. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    Well, ok. Got that out of the way.

Seems like a fun, cheapish option for something keep in the car or for folks here who take boards up and down many flights of steps, then on the subway to a beach that's crowded with hard projectiles (sorry, Mizrachi). I like the outline of the Joy and I like that it can be recycled. Not really in the market for something like this myself, but it looks interesting.

8. DJR

DJR Active Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Carolina Beach NC
    This is the way I feel about them. Heard the Surf Splendor with Almond (can’t remember his name right now) and was intrigued especially about the green aspect. Did see some recently at a local shop and the seams(?) where the mold comes together on the rail was terrifyingly ragged leaving the inner thigh of the user looking like the worse case of whatever STD terrifies you the most...