SMUKES

Jun 23, 2009
USA California
Doing it wrong...
IMG_20200911_150632.jpg

SMUKES

Jun 23, 2009
USA California
This is an Embraer E175. A tiny plane. This flight had about 50 bags, 2/3's of the bags were 40 lbs and up. Load planners in Chicago decide how the plane is to be loaded, in this case all front however, the Ramp Lead in SFO could've opted to load the odd sized bags in the rear. This bag was around 80lbs and was loaded awkwardly as it was essentially unliftable from within the compartment. Fly light, or fly big planes. Don't do this multi log thing. No damage by the way. Help me, help you.

Patrick Riley

May 15, 2018
Jacksonville Beach
I actually had a positive broken board experience from United. About 4 years ago we booked a family trip to Costa. Flew out of MCO, packed two shortboards in a 7’ FCS travel bag.

As we arrived to our seats I was paged for the front of the plane. I kinda had that, oh shit what did I do feeling... I was met by an airline rep who apologized and said my board bag was sent down the conveyer belt from the upper level. The Rep said the bag should have been walked down and that it literally got stuck in the direction change/noses broken and backed up other luggage.

I was upset but assured that I would be reimbursed for the boards, a rental at my destination, and damage to bag. I was hesitant and not really believing what I was hearing but the rep emailed me there and then reiterating their mistake and responsibility, and willingness to pay.

It sucked riding a rented board but after my return I received a $500 voucher and was reimbursed for two new boards, the bag, and rental.

I sent a letter of appreciation and praised the customer service. Credit where credit is due.

thanks @SMUKES for the tips, service, and best of luck with hoping there is a happy ending to your employment.