Airline KOOK

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by OCSURFER32, Aug 14, 2020.

1. dingpatch

dingpatch Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Florida USA
  2. SMUKES

SMUKES Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    It is great for core strength

dingpatch likes this.
  3. SMUKES

SMUKES Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Doing it wrong... IMG_20200911_150632.jpg

4. SMUKES

SMUKES Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    This is an Embraer E175. A tiny plane. This flight had about 50 bags, 2/3's of the bags were 40 lbs and up. Load planners in Chicago decide how the plane is to be loaded, in this case all front however, the Ramp Lead in SFO could've opted to load the odd sized bags in the rear. This bag was around 80lbs and was loaded awkwardly as it was essentially unliftable from within the compartment. Fly light, or fly big planes. Don't do this multi log thing. No damage by the way. Help me, help you.

WillieP and kpd73 like this.
  5. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Soquel,CA
    He didnt get the memo..huh?

6. Patrick Riley

Patrick Riley Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Jacksonville Beach
    I actually had a positive broken board experience from United. About 4 years ago we booked a family trip to Costa. Flew out of MCO, packed two shortboards in a 7’ FCS travel bag.

As we arrived to our seats I was paged for the front of the plane. I kinda had that, oh shit what did I do feeling... I was met by an airline rep who apologized and said my board bag was sent down the conveyer belt from the upper level. The Rep said the bag should have been walked down and that it literally got stuck in the direction change/noses broken and backed up other luggage.

I was upset but assured that I would be reimbursed for the boards, a rental at my destination, and damage to bag. I was hesitant and not really believing what I was hearing but the rep emailed me there and then reiterating their mistake and responsibility, and willingness to pay.

It sucked riding a rented board but after my return I received a $500 voucher and was reimbursed for two new boards, the bag, and rental.

I sent a letter of appreciation and praised the customer service. Credit where credit is due.

thanks @SMUKES for the tips, service, and best of luck with hoping there is a happy ending to your employment.

DanSan likes this.
  7. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    I had to special order that "winter white" fabric for my new travel bag. Wanted it to match my car color so I looked cool driving to the airport. Styling baby. Thanks for looking out Brah!

8. SMUKES

SMUKES Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
  9. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    I sleep in it, saves money for an old guy. Rain proof too.