Advice on board deposit

brothernature

Jun 17, 2020
LA, CA
I put in a deposit with a shaper right at the start of 2021, he said it would be ~8 weeks, around June I started getting curious, so I sent an email just to ask if there was an update. I didn't get a response, so I waited a month, sent another email, again just curious as to what was going on. Two weeks went by without hearing anything, so I asked a buddy for his number and sent a text asking if my order was still in the queue. It's been a couple of days and haven't heard anything.

Am I being inpatient? I've only had 2 customs made really, so just wondering if this is unusual. I'm really in no rush to get the board, I get it that everything is moving slow these days, just looking for some communication around it.

Sax-son

Nov 23, 2019
Three Rivers, CA
Any shaper who is backlogged should be upfront with you before he accepts your deposit. If they are busy and you accept their terms, then you need to wait, but they have to be straight with you. I have had to cancel deposits before, but never had a problem because most of them knew that they couldn't deliver in a reasonable time. If he promised you 8 weeks and now it's going on 8 months, there is a problem.