A few years ago, this posted...

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by PaulJensen, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Agree with Veterano and others. Conditions dictate craft ridden.

Lots of surfing up in Olympia eh...?

2. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Thank God this guy and his "insightful friend" are up there in Oly looking out for "nearly all the longboard surfers these days." Who wants to head out get a re-purposed paddleboard? Anybody? It's avant-garde? Thank you Paul, thank you Roy. Keeping it real for the rest of us. Fucking classic. Matching foil hats I'd bet.

3. RATZAX

RATZAX Member

Jun 7, 2010
    SMUKES wrote:
    [​IMG]

4. dewey

dewey Member

Feb 16, 2004
    St George, Ut
    SMUKES wrote:
    Now that's funny..Matching foil hats

Hahaha...

dewey:cool:

5. Silk123

Silk123 Active Member

Feb 11, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    This is the same, tired, generic argument against longboarders. And its actually really easy to use this forum and its archives to prove this argument is just a load of crap.

6. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    It dawns on me that Roy eschews the use of foil as it leads to alzheimer's and other baked potato born illnesses.

7. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    Perhaps matching Viking style helmets... "Spear and magic helmet!" ... "Spear and maaaaaaagic hellllllllmet!"

8. Latte

Latte Active Member

Sep 2, 2008
    USA, near the witches
    Actually I like hearing about different takes on it.
    However it could have been done differently.

[​IMG]

9. Surfertom

Surfertom Active Member

My observation here is Paul Jensen just put his thoughts about his board and about riding it. Not touting "his way is the only way" type hype, as Roy often does.

THEN. Roy comes along and bangs on Paul for not adhering to his prescribed way of thinking, proving he just can't leave such a thread alone.

And t-h-e-n, some of you other guys start banging on Paul for saying what he seems to truly enjoy and throwing trash talk his way. Paul didn't do a "Roy". He didn't tell anyone they were wrong-headed in their designs, Paul just said what he liked!

Roy, get out of this and try, just try, to not hijack the thread. We all know you are a great craftsman and might likely keep remembering that about you if you just would put a little humility where your mouth goes in cases like this. Paul did not say you have bad shapes. Paul didn't bring you up at all.

You other guys, Good Lord RELAX, a little more understanding and happy vibes toward Paul, who though not totally my sort of shapes, does display a very good level of craftmanship.

ST:cool: