9'1" CJ Nelson Apex in Thunderbolt Silver Technology

This is a longboard in collaboration with CJ and shaper Ryan Engle.
Length
9'1"

Hodaddy81

Feb 2, 2021
Jersey
I personally don't think you need a 9'11. My 9'1 felt perfect. unless you want a little more stability for nose riding. But no matter what its meant for pocket nose riding. The thunderbolt tech is so much more lively and floaty

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
How would a 10.5 greenough 4a go in the apex
It goes really well. I suggest it. When I got my 9’6” I spoke with Mark Nelson at Flying Diamonds and tried to buy one of their fins for it. The suggested fin was out of stock, so he told me to get a 10.5” Greenough 4A and it would work really well. I did, and it did work really well.

Last edited:

Pauly

Nov 25, 2022
Nz
It goes really well. I suggest it. When I got my 9’6” I spoke with Mark Nelson at Flying Diamonds and tried to buy one of their fins for it. The suggested fin was out of stock, so he told me to get a 10.5” Greenough 4A and it would work really well. I did, and it did work really well.
Thanks for the feedback, I realy like the 4a fins and have a very nice 10.5 volan 4a just waiting for such a board as the apex

fluidworks

Dec 1, 2019
San Luis Obispo, CA
Man you’ve asked this question several times now but seem dissatisfied you aren’t getting the answer you want. You have a great resource in the surf craft union video, as mentioned I have the 9’11, Rick had the 9’6 and we both gave feedback. What more would you like to hear?

I would recommend to not get hung up on liters. These are longboards, not water bottles. Numbers aren’t everything as we’ve said.