9’4 Wayne Rich Wildcard 3

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Squid, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Squid

Squid Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This is a tough one....my hands down favorite modern built longboard. 9’4 Wildcard 3, vintage tint, full deck patch with box. Heavy glassed with volan and S glass from what I was told, weighs in at 23.75lbs. Blended concave, 50/50 rails through out with some wicked tail rocker. A very active nose rider that turns beautiful. Board does have some issues; couple of shnackles on the rail, some stress cracks on the nose a shatter on the bottom. Nothing open now but it does appear that one ding on the rail took in some water at some point (I am a few owners in). If you like a vintage weight board that catches everything but hotdogs with the best of them then this is a board for you. $600 with the fin which by the way is bad ass, a wet sanded one off by True Ames that was modified to get it farther back in the box. Board is located in South Jersey. I am going to really miss this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    DJR, Salinity and JMJackFish like this.
  2. Squid

Squid Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
  3. Nilus

Nilus Active Member

Jun 30, 2008
    That was a sick one! If you ever sell the 6'8 comet I sold you, lemme know. =^) I ended up donating that 6'6 bonzer to Ventura fire victims last year. Good karma roundtrip story there!

DKNJ likes this.
  4. Squid

Squid Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Nilus, I actually sold your Comet....I thought I reached out to you first before posting publicly but if not I apologize. I believe it went to NJ Longboarder if I am not mistaken but if not him then it was someone here on Jamboards. For me, the 6’8 was too small for the conditions I was planning on using it for ( bigger days), a 7’6 comet was ideal, which I also had, but it was brutal on my shoulder to duck dive. I am sure we can track it down.

5. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Pale yellow or green comet? I still have a pale yellow one and sold a green one up to New England. Should have kept it.

6. Squid

Squid Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
    yup, pale yellow.