9’0” Lance Carson 60s pintail for sale

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by miscreant, Nov 24, 2019.

1. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  2. waveslider

waveslider Active Member

Jun 3, 2005
    USA California
    Authentication letters? We can delete the keep surfing sacred thread.

3. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    That's nice...

As if I don't spend enough time fielding a gazillion questions, listing the Pantone Color Sample the customer wants us to mix tint or pigment to (or paint), the width of an "old skool" cutlap, providing an in depth explanation of the cloth & resin we offer. Oh, & custom stringers, fin options, fin upgrades and finishes among other things. Not to mention the book keeping on deposits and subsequent payments............ or particulars regarding shipping VAT taxes, Duty, Airport handling, Amtrak Waybills, Trucking or Fed Ex tracking................ but sure, I can Authenticate it and send a copy to Christies and all the auction houses.

OY.

P.S. Nice board btw.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  4. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    Board is in Orange County, Ca.

5. Ricksurfin

Ricksurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2019
    So Cal
    I think the letter of authenticity is a really nice touch on a custom board build.

6. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    I also have the original order form.

7. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Actually I agree. I was just shedding light on some of the 'other stuff' involved that we in the business do
    Actually I agree with you.
    The L.O.A. harkens back to a time when we were groms ordering a custom from one of the 'big label manufacturers' and a lot of guys would keep their original order blank. I think it meant more back then.

I still remember being wowed as a little from, going to the local high school with my big brother to see a surf movie and seeing all the guys wearing their TEAM Jackets or for the Surf Club they belonged to. I was in awe.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  8. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    as far as vintage boards go, I really respect Bing Copeland for keeping his old order books and to this day issuing "Birth Certificates" for the vintage boards.

9. miscreant

May 20, 2016
    Yup.

10. miscreant

May 20, 2016