?

miscreant

May 20, 2016
Today, it occurred to me:

either these people will continue wearing masks or they will stop.

if they stop, what causes that?

That got me thinking about us and surfing.

how can it be that surfing becomes “safe” again (in regards to the “greater good”)?

Who calls that shot? Why them? When they call that shot, then I get sick after I surf should they be held accountable? I’d of been held accountable if I surfed when they said I can not. So...

I guess I’m saying :

y’all that are wearing masks and stuff (in a community where it is required) , are Y’all going to quit wearing masks once someone (why do you believe this person?) says it’s ok? If so, then you get sick, what accountability should they be held against?

I mean you’d of been cited or something if you didn’t wear the mask. So ...

ChyandourSlider

Nov 3, 2016
West Cornwall, UK
It's not about the accountability of others. It's about choice.

"They" say you can't - You can't. No choice.
"They" say you can - You can, but you don't have to. You have a choice.

Do what you feel is right. Take accountability for your own choices. Good luck!

miscreant

May 20, 2016
It's not about the accountability of others. It's about choice.

"They" say you can't - You can't. No choice.
"They" say you can - You can, but you don't have to. You have a choice.

Do what you feel is right. Take accountability for your own choices. Good luck!

your statement seems a contradiction.

if I did what I felt was right, than I wouldn’t need to restart (or stop) anything. If it boiled down to a choice, than nothing would have changed in the first place.

perhaps you’re the type that blindly follows what they are told?

Let’s follow your argument for a sec.

We had privileges and freedoms. They were taken “for the greater good, to protect us for the Covid”.

I’m a waiter. I go back to work (when I’m allowed). I get the covids. That was my choice. Correct. I chose to carry on with the life I created as a citizen. Following what I was told to do by _______.

my bank account has suffered since I did what I was told. Now ,when I’m told I can go back to work I get sick.

I suppose I’m a puppet trying to talk to other puppets.

I guess I see this entire “privilege / freedom” removal and return as a giant double standard.

seems extremely ridiculous.

Last edited:

sightpoint

Jan 28, 2014
2' and onshore
You are most likely privy to the same information they are regarding masks and their efficacy (if you're willing to research and read), and when it might be a good time to stop wearing them. But don't forget, masks aren't so much intended to stop you from getting sick, but to keep others safe if you are. Wearing a mask is an altruistic act that is for the greater good.

So I guess the question is, are you willing to subject yourself to a little discomfort for a while longer--or even indefinitely--if it means keeping you and the public safe?

See Tenfooter's comments on masks on the other thread for reference.