7'2" Takayama Howard Mini - for sale again

cuda

Aug 23, 2007
Vo Dielun. AKA Rhode Island
I picked this up from Brr and surfed it today in decent surf. I have been curious about all these DH SD egg variations for a while and figured I'd give it a go. It's definitely an interesting board. Its easy to surf. Nice modern rails flat to V bottom. Weirdly, it reminded me of a few bonzers eggs I've owned (minus the bonzer bits.) particularly the rocker.

In general I thought it surfed pretty predictably and neutral with a bit of a performance vibe. I surfed it with a more upright less raked fin. It likes to be pushed and feels good on rail - swoopy carves - pretty much like what you see when you watch Devon surf his eggs.
so in short, pretty much as advertised. If hulls have ruined your surfing this board will heal you.

That said I have few similar boards that suit my style better so this is now back up on the market - opens to trades or cash. I'd call it a 9/10 for condition with a mini pressure dent on the bottom, and what appears to be a small well done repair on the nose - a few hardly noticeable pressures there as well , probably some pressures on the deck but it seems pretty new so I don't expect anything much under the wax.

I can do $750 for the board and fins, + $50 if you want it with a nice day bag.

pics are recycled from the original add. pm if you want any other images.
I'll strip the wax if it warms up again anytime soon.

Howard mini deck.jpeg
Howard mini bottom.jpeg
fins.jpeg

Last edited: