4th Gear Flyer Surf Mats - $250 ea

Feb 22, 2008
USA
I have a pair of 4th Gear Flyer surf mats for sale that Paul Gross built for me. Blue on the bottom, black on top. Our family has used (but not over-used) and enjoyed these all over the world. One is a Standard and one is a Fatty. They probably have between a dozen and a couple dozen days on them. No dings. No pressure dents. $250 each and I'll pay for shipping within the continental US. Thanks.

www.surfmats.com

Feb 22, 2008
USA
Hi Dave. The fatty just sold. The standard is still available though.

Feb 22, 2008
USA
I have a pair of 4th Gear Flyer surf mats for sale that Paul Gross built for me. Blue on the bottom, black on top. Our family has used (but not over-used) and enjoyed these all over the world. One is a Standard and one is a Fatty. They probably have between a dozen and a couple dozen days on them. No dings. No pressure dents. $250 each and I'll pay for shipping within the continental US. Thanks.

www.surfmats.com
So, Jared took the Fatty and his mat is on its way to Massachusetts for a fun summer of sliding. I have the Standard left and am ready to ship it off wherever you need it.

This is what Paul says about the Standard: "The Standard is the original 4GF design dating back to 1984, and it's been tweaked and massaged over the past 4 decades. It's a state-of-the-art mat, which is why it's named “The Standard.” For the average-sized matter, chest high or better surf will let you run down the line in high gear, burning off accelerating bottom turns and executing long, arcing cutbacks. The ideal size rider for the Standard is 135 to 175 lbs...but smaller riders can use it effectively in smaller surf, and larger riders can enjoy it in overhead surf."

j_laucks

Oct 1, 2019
New England Aquarium
confirmed-
I know @42 is new around here but he was super responsive, sent me specifics on the mats current location, additional photos, details etc. We agreed on the sale and he sent me updates on the packing and a tracking number when it shipped. Hoping it will be here soon and I will report back.

JMAC

Feb 10, 2019
Northern Santa Barbara County
confirmed-
I know @42 is new around here but he was super responsive, sent me specifics on the mats current location, additional photos, details etc. We agreed on the sale and he sent me updates on the packing and a tracking number when it shipped. Hoping it will be here soon and I will report back.
While I see it says “New Member” looks like he joined back in 2008. Can hardly say he’s new around here maybe just doesn’t post or message a lot

Feb 22, 2008
USA
Thanks, j_laucks. Hope you love the mat.

Yeah, I've been around since the beginning of time. I just don't talk a lot.

All the best,

Lars