2016 Boardroom

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Ticowannabe, Apr 26, 2016.

1. dogleg

dogleg New Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Beer regulation was lax. That is all.

2. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

Veterano wrote:
    [​IMG]

3. Mango Bill

Mango Bill Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    Gene's planner exhibit was way cool who ever ran one of those Ball planners back in the day must had forearms like Popeye, Jim's booth was great to see as he had a lot of different models and nice to talk to Andrew. A lot less junk this year and agree on how loud it was for us semi deaf guys it becomes a sensory overload,was digging the colapinto evo pin board and nice kid to talk to,my lust for a lance Carson 60's pintail was restoked Lance is such a nice guy to talk to, Davenport booth had some great boards his work is top notch I think the custom surfboard industry is in good hands going forward.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

4. Mango Bill

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    V bottom lust

Attached files
    [​IMG]

5. Mango Bill

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    Colapinto evo pin 8'3"

Attached files
    [​IMG]

6. Mango Bill

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    Jim talking story/surf boards,I would be frazzled after two days of being in a booth and need a week to recover,big props to those in industry for keeping this show alive.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

7. shapewright

shapewright Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    USA California
    I had just enough customer boards for my racks, only built 3 boards that could be deemed for the show, my new 6'0" / 9'0" ultra hi-performance EPS and epoxy, a black paneled new age pig and my best friends 10'11" balsa gun that got a best of show. If only I'd gotten off my ass 8 years ago and finished it for Steve, God bless you Steve, where ever you may be, we miss you forever

Attached files
    [​IMG]

8. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
  9. gene

gene Member

Oct 1, 2004
    I didn't get out that much but I saw Jims stuff and it was inspiring. Here's a link to my corner: link

10. RyanLovelace

RyanLovelace New Member

Nov 28, 2013
    I studied for months for that 90 minute time period. you can bet i was ready and i put the weight of the world on myself for that challenge - I've wanted to be invited to do this for years!
    i practiced on a pile of boards and got my routine down - but even with my preparation, the curveball they threw at us with the blank's rocker was real - it made me ditch more than half of the routine i had thought i figured out, so it was NOT an easy task, by any means. I chatted with the guys about what we each did after the contest and we all struggled to get the finished board out of that blank with that rocker - the judging was anonymous, no one signed the boards and they were shuffled a few times over the weekend, those guys don't skimp on the rules of the contest to ensure anonymity and fair judging.
    we all sweated and worked our asses off in that room for it and I'm still stupefied at the experience!!