2016 Boardroom

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Ticowannabe, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Jaimo

Jaimo Active Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Did he get the bolt to go in the dot?

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

This sums up the Lovelace hate right here.
    [​IMG]

What happened to congratulating a guy on a job well done? Jezzus.

3. Choked out surfer​

Choked out surfer​ Active Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Had a great time yesterday, talk with Randy Rarick for about an hour, "GREAT" dude, Andreni had some funny tales, what a craftsman, Copperfish man was real nice cool dude, gave him a T-shirt then had a good talk with Lopez about doing me a balsa bolt, said to give him a holler this week, very out going dude. Mike Hyson show up and we truck around together for awhile and ended up at Jim Philps both, WOW, did he have some great looking sticks, next meet up with Rodger Hinds, this dude makes some nice boards also, so many good people, so much energy fun.

4. gene

gene Member

Oct 1, 2004
    It was fun meeting up with some Jammers yesterday. The show was really fun. Always great to talk to Roach. Mango. Choked. Thanks for all the help Smukes. Congratulations to Ryan.

5. bbslider001

bbslider001 New Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I love the "lowdown" for the boardroom. Good times.

-loud
    -commercialized to the hilt
    -so many boards to see that my visual acuity was WAY overstimulated
    -met up with Roach, enjoyed some good observation of Gene and Jim and Colapinto boards
    -got the rundown on the helix stuff from Vince at the CJ booth but could heart SH** because it was so dang loud
    -oh and surf was TOTES blownout....bad

Gene, the V-bottom was off the planet!! I now know what my next goal in this life....obtain a Cooperfish V-Bottom.

6. Big D

Big D Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Ticowannabe wrote:
    John, again...not a shot at Ryan. As I said previously, he just shaped the board and put it up there for judging like all the rest.

Also, I didn't wield much power as I only worked weekends to help out a friend. I got good at wielding a broom though. In addition I can't speak for Gerry, nor Bernie. But I've seen things just as ridiculous happen in the industry before standing on the sideline with my broom.

7. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Hilarious Lovelace Water Carriers. Too much.

8. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    my 2 cents because jams is my life...ryan took my money and shaped me a board, and I got the sense he genuinely cared about what he was shaping me, and he actually listened to me about what I wanted, delivered on time, no b.s. no run arounds, and he stayed up late to meet me way past business hours, I actually enjoyed giving him my money...glad he won, congrats Ryan!

9. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    The water carrier ire is what I'm talking 'bout

10. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    I ordered a board from Jim Phillips, my second JP, a 10'4" blue tint Ka Po'e Ae'a in feburary. A couple of weeks ago he said it was about ready but he wanted it for display at the Boardroom Show. That was cool with me, looks very good from the photo. Sure hope that it gets boxed and shipped out promptly, that's a hint, Jim.
    This will be for the bigger days here in Virginia Beach, and the Outer Banks when I am able to travel again. This may answer the question as to what is the best glider for beach breaks. I think someone in that tread suggested a board like this, a non glider really, is the best for steep beach break. the Ka Po'e Ae'a is made with two different rockers, more rocker for steep waves and less rocker and usually a longer board for a more glider like board.

Attached files
    [​IMG]