1997 Limited Santa Barbara Surf Shop Yater Spoon

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Lackosense, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Rockaway, NY
    thats a nice one Roadmaster, but i'll be holding on to mine :) its a special board for sure and definitely shaped by Renny himself. his signature is penciled in instead of stamped on to the stringer.

2. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    I would keep that board for sure. I like mine, sure does trim well, just heats up in the summer and really wants a more powerful wave then the VA Beach mush we get. The signature looks good my board but not written out in full.

Attached Files:

3. Andrew Johnson

Andrew Johnson Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Ventura, CA
    Digging this one up. @Lackosense do you still have this board? Ride it much? Have a lead on one from what appears to be the same batch made in 97 and have already sold myself on it, but curious what your impression has been.

4. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Rockaway, NY
    these are amazing boards that Renny took his time with and devoted alot of time into shaping them. 100% hand made...no CNC roughing like many of today's yater boards. It was a a cadillac of a noserider, super smooth. unfortunately original seller asked to buy it back. 100% would buy again.

DKNJ, Driftwood and Andrew Johnson like this.
  5. Andrew Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
    Ventura, CA
    THANK YOU. Going to pick up now!

Driftwood likes this.
  6. JMAC

JMAC Active Member

That one in SB is clean!!

Chap75 and Andrew Johnson like this.
  7. Andrew Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
    Ventura, CA
    Supa clean, and now happily in Ventura, along with a Baby Spoon from the same seller :)

BigBoard likes this.
  8. Sax-son

Sax-son Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2019
    Three Rivers, CA
    Just got a new one this month, paid $1100.00 plus tax. It's clear with volan glass. I haven't picked it up yet because I am in the middle of two blazing wildfires. Once that is behind me, I will head over to SB and pick it up. I have had several Yater Spoons, but never ordered a new one. I am a complete nut for stepdecks. I own 4 now.

hankster and JMJackFish like this.
  9. BigBoard

BigBoard Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    California
    Let's see some pictures of this thing!

Andrew Johnson and mitch44 like this.