1949/50 Simmons..NEW UPDATES

Zufeldt

Apr 6, 2021
Los Angeles
Hello, JI,
Just want to say congratulations for something so cool coming your way. What a remarkable iconic relic and national treasure...and it’s a Simmons!
From it’s origins and all the moments of use and waiting, it’s moving to see it resting still. Thank you so much for sharing.

James Irvin

Jun 27, 2020
Sacramento California
Hello, JI,
Just want to say congratulations for something so cool coming your way. What a remarkable iconic relic and national treasure...and it’s a Simmons!
From it’s origins and all the moments of use and waiting, it’s moving to see it resting still. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thank You so much for that message. I love this community

Ricksurfin

Jun 9, 2019
San Clemente, CA
Rick you are right on that. The board was in the hands of Hans Newman and Sean Lia and both agree its a Simmons. Those guys are very well respected but dont know if its a twin or a single but I will be finding out
For my knowledge, please give me some information on Hans Newman, Sean Lia, and most of all, Dean Carlson who originally owned the board. Great story.

Reactions: DJR

James Irvin

Jun 27, 2020
Sacramento California
For my knowledge, please give me some information on Hans Newman, Sean Lia, and most of all, Dean Carlson who originally owned the board. Great story.
Hans Newman as much as I can gather is pretty well known for a great collection. He has the type of collection that museums will call him and ask for boards for an exhibit. He's pretty easily searched. Dean Carlson is an old school surfer there is a famous photo of him in the Windansea shorebreak taken by Woody Ekstrom. Sean Lia is a well known collector and very knowledgeable guy, he was one of the early Long Board Collectors Club guys

Reactions: DJR