10' Tyler Craftsman Zeke

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by jonzer, Oct 11, 2005.

1. jonzer

jonzer New Member

May 21, 2005
    Clear with 2" balsa stringer. Nose - 19 1/2" Tail - 16" Wide - 23 1/4" Thick - 3 1/4" Weight - 30 lbs. I believe that 10 oz. volan fiberglass was used - it is a heavy board. Fin is 9 1/2" black glass on. Beautiful piece of work. A+ condition.

Any takers before it goes on consignment for $850 (negot.)??

THE BOARD IS ACTAULLY 9'10" (my mistake)!

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. jonzer

jonzer New Member

May 21, 2005
    Pic 2

Attached files
    [​IMG]

3. jonzer

jonzer New Member

May 21, 2005
    pic 3

Attached files
    [​IMG]

4. LeftyNC

LeftyNC New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Great board, kinda wish it would have been up for grabs about a week ago, but alas I have placed an order for another board and the wife would shhot me if I got two boards so similar in nature. So I offer a bump for ILM.

Also if you don't mind what kind of deal did you get from Tony at Sweetwater for the Bing SS? I was eying the lightweight in his shop but it was too light for my taste :? but I never followed up with Tony about a custom from Bing.

5. jonzer

jonzer New Member

May 21, 2005
    Hey, my wife thinks there ALL the same. So I understand!

Honestly I haven't even discussed the price with Tony. I'm sure he'll be reasonable. . .always is. If you want to take the Tyler for a test drive, let me know.

6. Pierre

Pierre New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    France
    I'd be interested in having some feedback on how it feels riding such a heavy board ?

I have a balsa 9'10" longboard gun that's about the same weight. The glide and momentum is great but I'm having a hard time paddling this thing around compared to lighter boards.

7. jonzer

jonzer New Member

May 21, 2005
    Pierre wrote:
    Pierre-- From my perspective you answered your own question. You gain glide and drive and lose ease of paddling and maneuverability. To a degree, this is a trade-off you make for a really good cruiser/noserider.

8. jason

jason Member

Aug 3, 2005
    USA California
    i'm interested... if you can get it to Hawaii... 96712. I'll send you $1100 tomorrow.

808-285-1096,

Jason

9. Pierre

Pierre New Member

Oct 14, 2004
    France
    jonzer wrote:

I'm used to ride logs and I thought the lack of paddling power of that longboard gun might also be due to less volume ... but I guess you're right, it's mostly a weight problem and I'm finding out that it's not the best choice for a longboard gun when you really need some paddling speed to catch big waves and be able to move quickly when a big set comes ...

Your board is beautiful by the way, I wish I had the money and that there wouldn't be a whole ocean between us ...

10. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    I find that guns do not paddle as well as my nose riders of the same weight. I think it is because of the increse nose rocker wants to push a little more water. You have to get off the nose rocker when you paddle in order to stop that. I also had a very light weight gun and it did not paddle all that well eather. The way I say it is that a heavy board gives you more 60 to 120, while a light board gives you 0 to 60. In other words a heavy board may be a little harder to get going but it sure is nice once you get up to speed. What I try and make sure I make very clear to a new shaper, is this is going to be a big board and I'm not going to be able to push it under or through a wave so I need to be able to paddle it fast. Just my take on it.